Manitoba Provincial Parks are free to visit for all during the entire month of February.
Take advantage of the many winter activities available in provincial parks at no cost!
“The beauty of our provincial parks does not disappear in winter, so why not take advantage of this great opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors,” Conservation and Climate Minister Sarah Guillemard said. “It’s a great chance to get the family together and leave the hustle and bustle of our busy lives behind to soak up all that our provincial parks have to offer.”
WHAT IS FREE AND NOT FREE DURING FEBRUARY
- Vehicle permits are not required in any provincial park this month
- SnoPasses are still required for snowmobiles using groomed trails in the parks and entrance fees still apply in national parks.
- Anglers are reminded they will not need an angling licence to try their luck during this year’s Winter Family Fishing Weekendfrom Feb. 15 to 17. Anglers will be able to fish without a licence provincewide. Conservation limits will apply. Fishing regulations in Manitoba.
- Federal licence will still be required to fish in national parks.
You may like:
WHAT TO DO IN THE PARKS IN FEBRUARY
- There are groomed trails in 12 provincial parks across the province for cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing and hiking.
- Paint Lake, Spruce Woods and Turtle Mountain provincial parks also offer outdoor skating areas, hockey rinks and toboggan hills.
- Fat-tire biking is welcome on designated trails in Birds Hill, Spruce Woods and Whiteshell provincial parks.
- Interpretive programs are happening every week in February.
- Highlights for the month of February include:
- Children & Parents/Youth & Adult Snowshoe Experience on February 1, 2020 at Birds Hills Provincial Park
- Snowshoe Adventure on February 2 & 23, 2020 at Whiteshell Provincial Park
- Skijoring & Kick-sledding Workshop on February 8, 2020 at Spruce Woods Provincial Park
- Discover the cougars of Manitoba during Cougar Cafe on February 15, 2020 at Birds Hills Provincial Park
- Howl like a wolf on February 15, 2020 at Whiteshell Provincial Park
- Ice Fishing at Lyons Lake on February 17, 2020 at Whiteshell Provincial Park
- Winter Family Fun Day on February 22, 2020 at Spruce Woods Provincial Park
- Teachers can also book free guided school programs throughout the winter season. For more information on winter activities and interpretive programs in provincial parks, email ParkInterpretation@gov.mb.caor visit www.manitobaparks.com.
You may like: