As Ontario is officially in Stage 1 of the reopening plan, we can now enjoy various attractions and parks in and around London. Please keep in mind that social distancing protocols are still in effect.
Here is a list of activities to enjoy in the London Area.
1. Enjoy Nature Parks & Areas
- Provincial parks and conservation reserves are open for limited day-use access
- Ontario is also allowing Backcountry & Crown Land Camping from June 1. Enjoy a night of camping.
- National Parks and Historic Sites can reopen from June 1.
- City Parks and pathways are open.
2. Go Fishing
You can cast a line and reel in that big catch at Ontario Provincial Parks. However, please obey any fishing location restrictions in the park as well as all public health guidelines on group sizes and physical distancing.
3. Go Boating
Enjoy canoeing & kayaking in ponds, lakes & rivers as Ontario Marinas, boat clubs and public boat launches are open for recreational use. Canoes can be rented from Avon Boat rentals.
4. Play Sports
- Ontario Golf Courses are open. Book a tee time to enjoy golfing at Fanshawe Golf Course and Thames Valley Golf Course.
- Outdoor sports fields and baseball diamonds, Skate parks, Basketball courts, Tennis and pickleball courts, Disc golf are open
- Benches, picnic tables and park shelters are open for public use – As these amenities are not sanitized, residents should wash or sanitize their hands thoroughly after use.
- On Weekends, head to East Park London. The batting cages are open on Saturdays and Sundays from 12 – 6 pm. You can also enjoy mini golf and go-karts here.
- Outdoor playgrounds, play structures, and equipment, Outdoor pools, spray pads, wading pools, Premier irrigated sports fields and indoor facilities will be closed
- Go cycling and explore the beautiful areas in London.
5. Watch a Movie
Drive-in Theatres can reopen in Ontario from June 1. Watch a movie under the stars!
- Mustang Drive-in, 2551 Wilton Grove Road, London
6. Enjoy a Quarantine Concert
There are many free concerts live-streamed every day. Check them out.
7. Enjoy Live Theatre from around the World
With COVID-19 pandemic forcing theatres to shut their doors, many performing art centres have taken to being open virtually.
8. Explore Canada or the World From Home
Explore Canada’s arctic, Winnipeg, National Parks and many more places from Home. Travel to international or outer space destinations like the international space station, discover Egypt’s Heritage Sites from tombs to monasteries or take a trip on scenic trains in Europe virtually.
9. Enjoy in Person Events
10. Explore Ontario