In accordance with directives from public health authorities, many festivals, and events across London are being postponed or cancelled to prevent an outbreak of COVID-19.
All travellers returning to Canada from abroad are asked to self-isolate at home for 14 days, whether they have symptoms or not.
Practise Social Distancing – Stay at home, if possible and reduce social interaction.
What is Open in London
These centres will operate with enhanced health safety protocols:
- Malls are open for essential services only. List of Essential Services That Can Remain Open in Ontario
- Ontario Limit Gatherings to 5 People Due to COVID-19
- The London Animal Care Centre will remain open for all animal adoptions. The London Animal Shelter Services will also be open.
- City of London Social Services Ontario Works (OW) locations will remain open at this time but no in-person appointments are being held.
- London transit will run on schedule
- Restaurants with takeout option.
What is closed in London – Facilities, Attractions, and Events
- All city-operated facilities and programming is closed effective Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice. This will result in the closure of Community centres, arenas, pools, Recreation and sport programming, Community rentals as well as March break day camp programs
- Ontario Officials has asked Bars and restaurants in Ontario to close as soon as possible.
- Hamilton Road Seniors’ Centre, Kiwanis Seniors’ Community Centres and Seniors’ Satellite locations are closed until further notice.
- All London Public Library locations will be closed From March 15 at 4 p.m. until April 6. All returns to be due until April 14 and no fines will be charged.
- Medical Officer of Health strongly recommends temporary closing of Dine-in Restaurants, Bars, Nightclubs and Theatres
- Cineplex Theatres will be closed effective March 16 through April 2, 2020.
- Covent Garden Market.
- Landmark Cinemas will be closed until further notice.
- Fire station tours and public education activities are cancelled. Please note that London Fire Department and all emergency services will remain fully functional.
- The following attractions are closed until further notice
- Eldon House; all public programs will be postponed
- Western Fair District’s Sports Centre & Grandstand (including the Top Of The Fair & simulcast facilities)
- The Avon
- London Children’s Museum
- Museum London
- Museum of Ontario Archaeology
- Stratford Perth Museum
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village – until Tuesday, April 7
Events & Festivals Postponed or Cancelled
- YMCA has cancelled March break camps
- Performances at The Aeolian Hall postponed
- All London Knights games cancelled – OHL season paused until further notice
- All London Lightning games suspended
- Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League and Provincial Junior Hockey League games cancelled
- Fanshawe College classes cancelled from March 16 – 20.
- All public funded schools will be closed. Classes to resume on April 6.
- Grand Theatre has suspends its 2019-20 season – Room, Grow, Jeans’ n Classics cancelled.
- All performances at Wolf Performance Hall cancelled from March 14 to April 13.
- The Speed & Custom Show, National Poultry Show and Home & Outdoor Show are cancelled/rescheduled.
- Original Kids Theatre’s performance of Disney’s Frozen is cancelled. Kidlets March Break programming is also cancelled. Spring Kidlets program’s start date will delay its start until after Monday April 6, 2020.
- Blyth Memorial Hall will be closed to the public effective until April 1.
- Palace Theatre’s performance of Guys & Dolls has been postponed to May 14 – 17, 2020.
- All events at Budweiser Gardens until April 5, 2020 are postponed/cancelled. Peppa Pig Live scheduled for April 16 and Baby Shark Live scheduled for June 12 are also postponed.
- All concerts and special events at the Don Wright Faculty of Music are either cancelled or no longer open to the public until April 30, 2020
- Circle R Ranch’s March Break Day Camp is cancelled.
What is closed in St. Mary’s – Attractions, and Events
- Pyramid Recreation Centre (including arena and pool), St. Marys Friendship Centre, St. Marys Youth Centre, St. Marys Museum, St. Marys Public Library will be closed indefinitely. All bookings and events at these facilities will be cancelled.
- The St. Marys Child Care Centre to be closed until Sunday, April 5, 2020