As Saskatchewan is officially in Phase 4 of the reopening plan, we can now enjoy various attractions and parks in and around Saskatoon. Public gatherings will be limited to no more than 15 people inside and 30 outside. Social distancing norms and Public Health orders will be in effect.
Here is a list of activities to enjoy in the Saskatoon Area.
For online & drive-in/in-person and virtual events, see things to do this weekend in Saskatoon.
1. Enjoy Nature Parks & Areas
- Saskatchewan Provincial Parks are open. Campgrounds, washrooms are open, other facilities as well as playgrounds and beach will remain closed.
- Gordon Howe Campgroundis open from June 1.
- National Parks and Historic Sites will be open from June 1
- All Parks and public squares are open
2. Go Fishing
If you thought there weren’t any good spots to hit up around Saskatoon for some great angling, you’d be wrong! Enjoy fishing at the lakes, reservoirs, North Saskatchewan and South Saskatchewan Rivers less than two hours from the city.
3. Go Boating
Enjoy canoeing & kayaking in ponds, lakes & rivers. Boat launches at Provincial Parks (as ice conditions and normal operating conditions allow) will be open. You can rent a canoe from Classic Outdoors and Eb’s Source for Adventure.
4. Play Sports
- All City-owned golf courses are open; Book tee timesin advance.
- Have a fun time at the beach with family.
- From June 12, you can take advantage of the playground structures.
- Sports fields, trails, dog parks, tennis, pickleball and basketball courts, skate parks are open
- All indoor recreation facilities are closed.
- Saskatoon’s outdoor pools and spray parks are closed
5. Watch a Movie
Drive-in Theatres are open in Saskatchewan. Watch a movie under the stars!
6. Enjoy a Quarantine Concert
There are many free concerts live-streamed every day. Check them out.
7. Enjoy Live Theatre from around the World
With COVID-19 pandemic forcing theatres to shut their doors, many performing art centres have taken to being open virtually.
8. Explore Canada or the World From Home
Explore Canada’s arctic, Winnipeg, National Parks and many more places from Home. Travel to international or outer space destinations like the international space station, discover Egypt’s Heritage Sites from tombs to monasteries or take a trip on scenic trains in Europe virtually.
9. Enjoy in Person Events
10. Explore Saskatoon / Saskatchewan