May Long Weekend Events & Activities in Regina
Friday, May 15 – Monday, May 18, 2020
Due to COVID-19 many attractions are closed and gatherings of more than 10 are prohibited.
Saskatchewan is in a state of Emergency that mandates residents to maintain a 2 meter physical distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Though there are not many things you can do during these unprecedented times, there are few activities that can be enjoyed while physical distancing is in effect that is in accordance with Saskatchewan’s Health Orders during this May long weekend.
1. Victoria Day Digital Parade
The first completely online Cathedral Village Arts Festival kicks off with annual Victoria Day Digital Parade.
Monday, May 18, 2020 | 11:30 AM
2. Go Fishing
While Regina is far from the northern lakes in the province that are known to be excellent sport fishing destinations, there are still plenty of really great spots within a few hours of Regina. Check out these 15 Great Places to Fish in Regina.
3. Enjoy Hiking or Discover Nature Attractions in Regina
Park spaces and pathways in Regina are open to help people stay active. There is one-way traffic is implemented along the pedestrian “blue path” around Wascana Lake, so that people can safely enjoy this piece of nature. Saskatchewan Provincial Parks is open for limited day use. Boat launches (as ice conditions and normal operating conditions allow), hiking and biking on trails will be open.
- 25 of the Best Hikes in and around Regina
- 25 Awesome Places to Hike in Saskatchewan
- 25 Off-Grid Adventures in Saskatchewan
- 50 Amazing Things to Do in the Parks and Natural Areas of Saskatchewan
4. Go Birding
Spring is a great time to go birdingand there are many fabulous locations in Saskatchewan.
5. Take-out and Support Local
If you can afford, order a take out from Regina restaurants.
6. Go Golfing
Regina Golf Courseswill open from May 15th. Book a tee time at Tor Hill Golf Course, Murray Golf Course, Joanne Goulet Golf Club, Lakeview Par 3 Golf Course.
7. See a movie
Drive-in Theatres will re-open in Saskatchewan from May 15th. Enjoy a movie under the stars.
8. Enjoy a Quarantine Concert
There are many free concerts live-streamed every day. Check them out.
9. Enjoy Live Theatre from around the World
With COVID-19 pandemic forcing theatres to shut their doors, many performing art centres have taken to being open virtually.
10. Explore Canada or the World From Home
Explore Canada’s arctic, Winnipeg, National Parks and many more places from Home. Travel to international or outer space destinations like the international space station, discover Egypt’s Heritage Sites from tombs to monasteries or take a trip on scenic trains in Europe virtually.
11. Enjoy Virtual/Physical Distancing Events & Activities
- 10 Must Visit Beaches in Saskatchewan
- 10 Best Places to Camp in Saskatchewan
- Unique Places to visit in Saskatchewan