Join various Remembrance Day ceremonies held in Winnipeg honouring Canada’s Veterans.
Remembrance Day Services on Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- A minimal attendance closed and restricted service will be at Henderson Legion Branch 215. Once the service is complete, one can privately pay their respects adhering to current Covid-19 restrictions.
- Virtual service at 11:00 AM by West Kildonan Legion Branch 30 on Main Street
- Live-streamed service at 10:30 AM by Royal Canadian Legion Charleswood Branch 100
- St. Norbert Virtual Remembrance Day service at 10:45 AM
- Virtual service by Winnipeg South Osborne Legion at 10:45 AM
Canadian War Museum Remembrance Day Ceremony
The Canadian War Museum invites Canadians from across the country and around the world to participate in one of the most moving Remembrance Day ceremonies in Canada. On November 11, at exactly 11 a.m. (EST), sunlight enters through a single window in Memorial Hall, illuminating the headstone of Canada’s Unknown Soldier. To allow as many Canadians as possible to experience this event, it will be streamed live on the War Museum’s website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed. Details
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 | 9:40 AM
Online on War Museum’s website, Facebook page, and Twitter
Notinikew (Going to War) – a Program of Remembrance
A Choral Perspective of Canada’s Indigenous Veterans. TMC welcomes guest curator Andrew Balfour for this program. Andrew, TMC conductor Simon Rivard, and Elder Dr. Duke Redbird will present a program that reflects on Indigenous experience through choral music, poetry and dance.
Wednesday, November 11 | 7 PM
Remembrance Day Hours (Wednesday, November 11, 2020)
- FortWhyte Alive | 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Military personnel and their families are invited to join us for a day in nature for free
- Assiniboine Park Zoo | 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Assiniboine Park | Open 24 Hours
- The Forks Market building will be open 7 am to 8 pm. Tenants are open varying hours during this time based on provincial regulations around November 11 and COVID regulations.