Here is a list of 10 things to do on December 25 in Calgary.
I. Northern Reflections Window Exhibition
The shops are closed but you can go scavenger hunting to discover the magical window scenes in East Village and Downtown Calgary! The Northern Reflections Winter Window Exhibition by Buds of Buds transforms city streets into an interactive urban gallery through an Augmented Reality (AR) app, Augle, that brings the painted windows to life.
II. Admire Christmas lights
- Airdrie Festival of Lights: December 1 to 31, 2019 | 06:00 PM – 09:00 PM @ Nose Creek Park
- Lions Festival of Lights: The Festival of Lights is the largest FREE drive-by Christmas Lights showcase in Calgary. Through January 8, 2020 | 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM @ Confederation Park in NW Calgary.
III. Go outdoor skating
The skate shop at the plaza is open on Christmas day.
Bowness Park Skate Shop is scheduled to open on December 25.
IV. Explore Fish Creek Provincial Park
Enjoy winter walking at any of Calgary Parks.
V. See a Movie
See movie at Landmark/Cineplex Theatres on Christmas Day.
- Jumanji: The Next Level — Release Date: December 13, 2019
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker — Release Date: December 19, 2019
- Cats — Release Date: December 20, 2019
- Spies In Disguise — Release Date: December 25, 2019
- Little Women — Release Date: December 25, 2019
VI. Christmas Brunch/Dinner
Eat out on Christmas Day!
VII. Gratitude Christmas Day Yoga
Join for yoga with Naomi Keane in a yoga flow practice that practices gratitude for all the gifts we have in our lives this Christmas.
Wednesday, December 25, 2019 at 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM @ Oranji Fitness Kensington. | By Donation
VIII. Curling on the Island
Visit St Patrick’s Island to enjoy a free session of Curling!
Open | 9:00AM-7:00PM
IX. Events at local pubs & music venues
Verify (call) before you go.
- Serbian musician Cvija will be playing at Junction Bar & Stage (628 8th Avenue SW) at 10 p.m. Ph: (587) 354-6161.
- Enjoy an evening of music supplied by Gil Tougas at Kings Head Pub (#15 9116 Macleod Trail South) at 9 p.m. Ph: (403) 259-0111
- Wednesday nights are trivia nights at Canadian Brewhouse Harvest Hills (9650 Harvest Hills Blvd NE, Calgary) at 9 p.m. Ph: (403) 452-5636
X. Outdoor Winter Activities
There is a plethora of outdoor activities you can do in Calgary! Enjoy other winter activities like tobogganing, snowshoeing, cross country skiing and more!
XI. Do a Christmas Day Bird Count
Do a Christmas bird count on Christmas Day! Visit any of the birding areas in Calgary and see how many birds you can find!
Though not an organised/official day for counting, you can always do one own your own and enjoy a crisp morning walk!
XII. Head to Banff
Or head to Kananaskis Country and discover the beauty of Alberta winter!
More Fun Things to Do: