Wondering where to take visiting family and friends on Christmas or Boxing day? Here is a list of things to do on December 25 & 26 in London.
1. Go to Victoria Park
A popular London destination, Victoria Park is even more beautiful during the Christmas season with the park turned to a Winter Wonderland. The lights will remain on nightly from 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. until December 31, 2019.
2. Admire Christmas lights
See Christmas Lights in London.
You may also like to go on a drive through the illuminated display at the Milt Dunnell Field in St. Mary’s. The display will be lit daily from 5 pm t0 11 pm.
Want more? Check out these spectacularly lit places in Ontario.
3. Do a Christmas Day Bird Count
Do a Christmas bird count on Christmas Day! Visit any of the birding areas near London and see how many birds you can find!
Though not an organised/official day for counting, you can always do one own your own and enjoy a crisp morning walk!
4. The NutcrackerDid you miss Royal Ballet’s Nutcracker performance this season? Don’t fret. Hyland Cinema will be screening Royal Ballet’s performance of The Nutcracker (done at the Royal Opera House) on Thursday, December 26th.
5. Boxing Day at The Raceway
Bring the family over to the track for a thrilling day of live racing with a special afternoon post time! Top of the Fair Brunch is a Boxing Day tradition. You can watch and bet on live harness racing and enjoy beef on a bun in the Carousel Room.
6. Go outdoorHead to one of the many skating avenues managed by the City of London.
Circle R Ranch has 13 km of groomed and tracked trails for skiers and snowshoers of all levels.
7. See a Movie
Cineplex and Landmark cinemas
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker — Release Date: December 19, 2019
- Cats — Release Date: December 20, 2019
- Spies In Disguise — Release Date: December 25, 2019
- Little Women — Release Date: December 25, 2019
8. Go Winter Walking
Enjoy winters’ solitude and go hiking in Southwest Ontario. Great places to explore include Fanshawe Lake Trail, Westminster Ponds Trails, Thames River Loop, Thames Valley Trail, Sifton Bog and more. Be sure to check closure hours and weather conditions before you start.
9. Christmas/Boxing Day Brunch/Dinner
Enjoy a sumptuous Christmas feast. Reservations required.
- The Restaurant at The Bruce
- Blakes Bistro & Bar
- Vic’s on Wellington
- Idlewyld Inn & Spa
- All OpenTable Listings
10. Plan a trip to a nearby Provincial ParkEnjoy winter fun at the provincial parks.
11. Watch Mary Poppins
Disney’s Mary Poppins is playing at The Grand Theatre this holiday season from November 26 to December 29. If you haven’t seen it yet, now is your chance to see this beloved holiday classic. The show will be playing on December 26 at 7:30 PM.
12. Other Events
- Annual Joe Kool’s Christmas Night Party – Live Dj Mitch Perpich and a little egg nog is here to keep that Christmas cheer! December 25 | 8:00 PM – 2:00 AM
- 340 Comedy Collective Presents Rachelle Lauzon on December 26 | 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Raygun Xmas Party on December 26 | 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM @ Call The Office
- Paint Nite: Partner Painting on December 26 | 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM @ Take Sushi
13. See an exhibit
Celebrate the early days of the Stratford Festival: Such Stuff As Dreams. The exhibition tells the theatre’s story – from the dream of Tom Patterson, through its humble beginnings in a tent but buoyed by the likes of Alec Guinness and Tyrone Guthrie, to its current position as one of the premier repertory theatres in the world.
More Fun Things to Do
Check our family fun activities during Christmas Break for Holiday hours of attractions.