Maple Ridge is a thriving suburb about a forty-minute drive from downtown Vancouver. People who are familiar with the city might think it’s only known for its mountains and nature-inspired living, but it’s also a hub for great local restaurants with more to offer than your average eggs and bacon- not that anyone is complaining about eggs and bacon. Here are the best ten places to stop for brunch in Maple Ridge.
1. Humble Roots A wholesome and humble little restaurant with a patio of multicolored umbrellas and a menu just as colorful when it comes to options. There’s no basic food here. Fancy a mimosa on the patio and a locally sourced and seasonal meal? Look no further. Humble Roots has you covered. Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Vegetarian-friendly!
Address: 13179 224 St.
2. Jimmy’s Lunch Box
The only thing better than Jimmy’s Lunch Box’s Eggs Benedict is their top notch service. Meals are always hot and fresh, the coffee is piping hot, and the prices are unmatched. Looking for the best Hollandaise sauce in Maple Ridge? You’ll find it here.
Address: 22504 Lougheed Hwy
3. Big Feast
Local. Healthy. Clean eating at its best. Big Feast is a treasure in this community with Oceanwise certified sea foods and local sustainable meats. The ‘Pulled Pork Hash’ is a local favourite, but this hot spot prides itself on having Vegan and gluten free options aplenty that are equally (if not more) delicious than their menu counterparts.
Address: 11920–227 Street
4. Bruce’s Country Market Just a five minute walk up from the Fraser River, Bruce’s is a Maple Ridge favorite. Stop into the restaurant side and treat yourself to a hearty breakfast in the solarium style cafe. Then, once you’ve had your fill, wander the attached market and check out the local products and produce. You might even feel inclined to take some in house desserts home with you. Chocolate lovers be warned, there is a plethora of delicious options at Bruce’s!
Address: 23963 Lougheed Hwy
5. Kingfishers Waterfront Bar & Grill
Easily the best view in Maple Ridge. Sit on the outdoor covered all weather patio at Kingfishers and tuck in for brunch while the sun reflects off the Fraser River just below the patio upon which you sit. Brunch is a weekend treat here at this spot, and if you go, check out their delicious Eggs Benedict options. Smoked salmon benny with house made lemon-basil hollandaise? Yes please!
Address: 23840 River Rd
6. Golden Ears Cheesecrafters
This local jewel, run by two young local sisters, is known for its in house farm-made artisan cheese and cooking classes, but it also has a delicious brunch with something on the menu for everyone. Here you will be treated to locally sourced products combined with in house made dairy cheeses, resulting in a simple, farmhouse feel that really speaks to the soul of Maple Ridge. Take home a pastry or two or Cheesecrafters famous take-home soups (especially popular in the rainy fall and winter months).
Address: 22270 128th Avenue
7. Browns Socialhouse
Modern trends meet comfort in this popular Maple Ridge restaurant. Sit inside and enjoy the art, dim mood lighting, music, and atmosphere. Or, better yet, choose a spot on the year round glass enclosed patio. If you’re lucky you might snag a seat near the fire! The brunch menu ranges from simple but yummy dishes like avocado toast and poached eggs to prosciutto eggs benedict. Not feeling either? Change things up with the southwest bowl, a delicious Mexican inspired breakfast dish that will make your taste buds dance.
Address: 20490 Lougheed Hwy
8. Townhall Townhall is known for its nightlife, upbeat atmosphere, and community activities (like weekly trivia night and DJ Saturdays), but it also has a brunch deal that can’t be beat. With low prices, this is a guilt free brunch stop on the weekends. Treat yourself to a mimosa or a Caesar and enjoy a delightful breakfast at this very ‘happening’ location.
Address: 206 20690 Lougheed Highway
9. Bobbysox 50’s Diner
When walking into Bobbysox one might assume they’ve been transported back in time to 1950. Never fear. You’re still in the twenty first century. Bobbysox is rich with 50’s memorabilia sure to keep you entertained while you wait for your traditional American breakfast to arrive at your table. Still have room after brunch? Order a milkshake to go, their practically famous in Maple Ridge!
Address: 22596 Lougheed Highway
10. Billy Miner Alehouse & Cafe
You won’t be disappointed by a visit to the Billy Miner, which prides itself on offering its guests an authentic alehouse experience. The Billy Miner is rich with its own history and sits directly across the lane from the rumbling train tracks that were used over a hundred years ago and the tranquil Fraser River. Ask your server to tell you about Billy Miner, who was considered an outlaw to some and a hero to others. Known as something of a Robin Hood type figure, Miner targeted large companies like the Canadian Pacific Railway. Oh. And has it been mentioned the food is as filling as the building’s rich history?
Address: 22355 River Road
With options like these there’s no going wrong. Maple Ridge is host to some delicious restaurants that know how to make stomachs happy with simpler or more extravagant brunches. Dive in and experience the local eats this municipality has to offer; the restaurants on this list are waiting for you!
By: Rebecca Jamieson