Celebrate Canada 154th birthday with fun events and activities.
This year many events and celebrations have moved online. However, there are still a couple of in-person events this Canada Day in London.
Ontario moves to Step 2 on June 30th. Under Step Two, outdoor social gatherings are limited to 25 people. Indoor gatherings are limited to five people, including members from different households.
Official Canada Day Celebrations
City of London event – cancelled.
Southwest Middlesex Canada Day Celebrations
Join for Canada Day celebration in the municipality of Southwest Middlesex featuring a drive-thru dinner, free public swimming, and more. Details
Thursday, July 1, 2021
Various locations, South Middlesex
Canada Day Drumming Virtual Celebration
The Canada Day Drumming Virtual Celebration event salutes the multicultural spirit of Canada and is moving from a nationwide to a global scale. On Thursday, watch a Canada-wide attempt to set a brand new Guinness World Records™ title of: “Most People Performing a Drum Roll Online Simultaneously”. Details
Thursday, July 1, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM EDT
2021 Canada Day Celebrations – Canadian Heritage
For your July 1 evening, Canadian Heritage has a colourful program planned for you featuring several artists and artisans from coast to coast to coast: Véronic DiCaire, Jully Black, Jann Arden, Les Trois Accords, JP Saxe, Lara Fabian, Johnny Orlando, Les Hay Babies, Tyler Shaw, Damien Robitaille, Jessia, Gurdeep Pandher, Mélissa Bédard, Terry Uyarak, Paper Lions, Irish Mythen, Inn Echo, Madison Violet, Shawn Jobin, Naya Ali, Prado Monroe, Begonia, Sebastian Gaskin, Boogey the Beat, Major Funk, Boréalis Soul, Lawrence Nayally, Séan McCann, Albert Dumont, Josée. Details
Thursday, July 1, 2021 | 8 PM
On CBC Television
Canada Day Celebration Kit
Check out interactive, creative, and educational activities for the whole family. Have fun exploring each activity pack and share your experience using the hashtag #CanadaDay. Details
2021 Canada Day Contest
Canadian Heritage has announced the first-ever Canada Day Contest as part of the official Canada Day Celebrations. Until 11:59 p.m. on July 1, Canadians can enter to win the “Canada Day Contest: discover, celebrate and win” contest. Details
Until 11:59 p.m. on July 1
Canada Day Fireworks
Consumer fireworks (backyard displays) are only permitted on Canada Day, July 1, and on Saturday, July 3 between sundown and 11 p.m. Rules & Regulations
Tim Hortons Canada Day Virtual Fireworks
On July 1, wherever you are in Canada, enjoy Canada Day fireworks in a fun and innovative way.
At 10 pm, local time, point your smartphone or tablet to the night sky and a 3-minute show displaying 3D fireworks will begin. The augmented reality experience will give you the same visual and sound effects as a real fireworks display! Details
Thursday, July 1 | 10:00 PM
Turtle Island Healing Walk
Community leaders of London & the surrounding area have come together in solidarity to bring our communities together to honour the lives of those taken through residential schools. Join us as we come together to walk towards healing on Turtle Island. We ask that you wear orange as we begin our travels from Victoria Park back to Victoria Park where we will have a moment of silence and hear from those within our Indigenous communities. Details
July 1st, 2021 | 10:00 AM
Victoria Park, London
Summer Tea at Eldon House
Join us for afternoon tea on the beautiful lawns of Eldon House, overlooking the Thames River. This year, we are offering two options to delight our guests! Our light tea option is designed as a lighter snack, and our full tea option offers a more substantial assortment of sweet treats. Please note that due to health and safety limitations we are not able to accommodate savoury items as in previous years. Details
Wednesday – Sunday, July 2 – August 22, 2021 | 1:00 PM & 2:30 PM
Eldon House, 481 Ridout Street North, London
$15 – $25
Park It At The Market: Food Trucks & Outdoor Market
Featuring a wide variety of local small businesses and amazing food trucks, Park It has a little something for everybody! Details
Thursday, July 1, 2021 | 4:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Queen’s Park, 900 King Street, London
Tim Hiocks is showcasing his Campfire Troubadour Release at the Road to Rock the Park Dinner Series. Details
July 2 – 3, 2021 | 4:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Crossings Pub & Eatery, 1269 Hyde Park Rd, London
$99.00 + S/C + TAX
Movies at Drive-in Theatres
Enjoy a movie under the stars. Daily.
For more options see, Drive-In Theatres in Ontario
Grand Reopening of the Hyland Drive-In
When an insatiable great white shark terrorizes the townspeople of Amity Island, the police chief, an oceanographer and a grizzled shark hunter seek to destroy the blood-thirsty beast. Details
July 3, 2021 | 9:30 PM
Hyland Cinema Parking Lot 240 Wharncliffe Road South London
More Things to Do on Canada Day
You may like: Fun Things to Do in London Area During COVID-19 Ontario Reopening Phase
- East Park London, 1275 Hamilton Rd; Golf: Daily 7 AM – Dusk, Driving Range: Daily | 8 AM – 9 PM, Mini golf: Daily | 9 AM – Dusk, FootGolf: Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday | 7 PM – Dusk, Batting Cages & Go-Karts: Daily | 11 AM – 8 PM, Waterpark: Daily | 11 AM – 7 PM
- Eldon House, 481 Ridout Street North; Grounds are open Thursday – Sunday 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village, 1424 Clarke Road; Wednesday – Sunday | 10 AM – 4 PM (final admittance at 3:30)
- Treetop Trekking – Binbrook Conservation Area, 5050 Harrison Rd, Binbrook; Daily from July | Booked slots
- Clovermead Honey Shop & Adventure Farm, 11302 Imperial Road, Aylmer; Monday – Saturday | 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Kustermans Berry Farms, 23188 Springwell Rd, Mount Brydges; Thursdays – Tuesdays | Timed slots 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- HMCS Haida National Historic Site, 658 Catharine Street North; Friday – Sunday | 1 PM – 5 PM
- Boler Mountain Treetop Adventure Park, 689 Griffith Street; Thursday – Sunday | 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Storybook Gardens’ On The Riverbank Splash Pad, Storybook Lane; Wednesday – Friday | 5:00 PM & 7:00 PM, Saturday & Sunday | 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 5:00 PM & 7:00 PM
- Flagswipe Paintball, 144 Jalna Blvd. Unit 4; Friday | 2 PM – 8 PM, Saturday | 12 PM – 6 PM, Sunday | 12 PM – 4 PM
- Exodus London, 520 Wellington Street; Wed-Friday | Open 5 pm, Saturday at 2 PM, Sunday at 12 PM
Delicious strawberries are ready for picking. Head over to your nearby U-pick Farms and enjoy ‘Pick-Your-Own’ strawberries! Check social media pages for updates.
- Heemans, 20422 Nissouri Rd. Thorndale; Berry Drive-Thru: Daily 9 AM – 5 PM, PYO: Monday – Friday 8 AM – 8 PM, Saturday – Sunday & Holidays | 8 AM – 5 PM,
- Millar Berry Farms, 7375 Longwoods Road; Monday – Saturday | 8:30 AM — 4:00 PM, Sunday | 8:30 AM — 2:00 PM
- Talbotville Berry Farm Market, 11096 Sunset Road, St.Thomas; Daily | 8 AM – 12 PM
- Kustermans Berry Farms, 23188 Springwell Rd, Mount Brydges; Daily | 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM; PYO Strawberries open July 2nd
You might like: U-Pick Strawberry Farms in Greater Toronto Area & Hamilton
See a Lavender Farm
Enjoy a calming, meditative walk amongst lavender flowers.
You might like: Lavender Farms in Ontario for a Day Trip
It’s Free to Fish in Ontario
Cast a line and reel in that big catch. However, please obey any fishing regulations as well as all public health guidelines on group sizes and physical distancing.
- Free Fishing Days in Ontario from July 3 – 11, 2021
Ontario Parks are Free to Visit
All 115 provincial parks are free to visit from Mondays to Thursdays, until September 2nd, 2021. Ontario Parks will offer free day-use visits and issue free permits on those days. Visitors will still need a permit to visit parks from Fridays to Sundays. Details
Ontario provincial parks are open to visitors. Be it to enjoy a walk or just relax in the outdoors, fish or enjoy boating, provincial parks are great places to spend your time.
You can now visit Ontario parks for free by borrowing day-use permits from participating Ontario libraries.
- Exploring Ontario Provincial Parks
- 100 Adventures in Ontario Provincial Parks
- Ontario Road Trip: Discover 11 Islands on the Long Sault Parkway
- Where to Stargaze in Ontario: Dark Sky Areas and Observatories
Experience nature and camp outside!
You might like:
- 25 Places to Go Camping Near Toronto
- 25 Places to Go Backcountry Camping in Ontario
- 25 of the Best Ontario Parks to go Camping
Discover Nature Attractions in London
City parks and green spaces, Provincial parks and conservation reserves, City of London Trails are open for people to enjoy some time with nature.
- Nature attractions and hiking trails in London
- 20 of the Best Gardens You Should Visit in GTA
- 20 Sculpture Gardens to Visit in Ontario
- Nature Parks and Hiking Spots in the Halton Region
- Nature Attractions & Hotspots in and around GTA
Virtual Parties & Events
Canada Day Celebration with Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Leahy
Natalie and Donnell invite you to their Canada day party!! The fiddles will be flying from their campsite in Ontario, shift to a cozy singer-songwriter session in Manitoba, then ramp back up in PEI aboard JJ Chiasson’s fishing boat for more tunes and a feed of lobster!! This’ll be a dandy!! Details
July 1 – 4, 2021
The Odd Couple: A Virtual Play Reading
Join us for a virtual reading of The Odd Couple, the Tony-Award-winning comedy that spawned movie and television adaptations and lives on as a timeless tale of two hilariously mis-matched personalities who forge a lasting friendship. Details
July 3 – 4, 2021 | 7:30 PM
$15 – $20