Following the direction of Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, the City of Edmonton is closing its recreation centres, arenas, city managed attractions with immediate effect until further notice.
Registered programs, swimming lessons, and leader-led drop-in programs are cancelled starting Saturday, March 14, until further notice. City will process pro-rated refunds for cancelled programs.
EPL has suspended all classes and events.
Skating at Hawrelak Park Pavilion, Rundle Park Pavilion and Victoria Park Pavilions will also be closed and City staff will no longer be maintaining the ice at these facilities.
TELUS World of Science – Edmonton is also closed. This includes all onsite programs, events, IMAX Theatre and Zeidler Dome shows, retail services, as well as outreach Science in Motion programs.
City Recreation Facilities Closed Due to COVID-19
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
- Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre
- Clareview Community Recreation Centre
- The Meadows Community Recreation Centre
- Kinsmen Sports Centre
- Jasper Place Leisure Centre
- St. Francis Xavier Sports Centre
- Peter Hemingway Fitness and Leisure Centre
- Grand Trunk Fitness and Leisure Centre
- Bonnie Doon Leisure Centre
- Confederation Leisure Centre
- Eastglen Leisure Centre
- Londonderry Fitness and Leisure Centre
- Mill Woods Recreation Centre
- O’Leary Fitness and Leisure Centre
- ACT Aquatic and Recreation Centre
- Hardisty Fitness and Leisure Centre
All City of Edmonton Attractions Closed Due to COVID-19
- Edmonton Valley Zoo
- John Janzen Nature Centre
- City Arts Centre
- City programming at the Orange Hub and Prince of Wales Armoury (Tenants will be granted access to these locations)
Arenas Closed Due to COVID-19
- Bill Hunter
- Castle Downs
- Downtown Community Arena
- George S Hughes South Side
- Grand Trunk
- Kinsmen Twin
- Michael Cameron
- Mill Woods
- Russ Barnes
- The Meadows
All 21 EPL branches are closed indefinitely as of Saturday, March 14 at 6 p.m.
Today Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Chief Medical Officer of Healthreported 6 new cases in Calgary zone and 4 in the Edmonton zone taking the total cases in Alberta to 39. Strathcona County and St. Albert also have closed their facilities.