Strathcona County has announced that the county is closing indoor recreation centres and some city facilities as a proactive action to reduce the rate of spread of COVID-19 across the province. There are currently 29 cases in Alberta. All cases have been travel-related or due to being in close contact with a returning traveller.
- As of March 14, all Strathcona County indoor recreation facilities are closed to the public until April 14 subject to further reassessment.
- All art and recreation programs, performances and drop-in classes are also suspended.
WHAT IS OPEN IN STRATHCONA COUNTY
- Community Centre
- County Hall
- Trails at Strathcona Wilderness Centre are open – no rentals or lodge available
- Community halls for small gatherings
- All Library programs are cancelled until March 28.
- There will be no Bookmobile service until March 28.
Strathcona County Closures until April 14 subject to further reassessment.
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex
- Broadmoor Arena
- Emerald Hills Leisure Centre
- Glen Allan Recreation Complex
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre
- Millennium Place
- Moyer Recreation Centre
- Sherwood Park Arena and Sports Centre
- Strathcona Olympiette Centre
- Strathcona Wilderness Centre
- Smelzer House
- Festival Place