Toronto International BuskerFest for Epilepsy
Epilepsy Toronto is proud to announce that the 20th annual Toronto International BuskerFest for Epilepsy will once again take place in Woodbine Park in The Beach, serving up non-stop, action-packed, fun-filled entertainment over the Labour Day weekend, Friday August 30 through Monday September 2.
Now in its milestone 20th year, the event is widely recognized as one of the best and biggest street performer festivals in the universe, and the largest epilepsy awareness event in the world! Since its inception in 2000, the Toronto International BuskerFest has featured hundreds of the best street performers from around the globe, hosted millions of amazed spectators and helped raise much-needed funds for Epilepsy Toronto through visitors’ donations at the gate.
2019 SPECIAL EVENTS
– Over 100 street performers: From Bendy Em, the acrobat contortionist from Australia to Mat Ricardo, the jaw droppingly talented and oh-so-dapper ‘Gentleman Juggler’ from the UK (who recently appeared on America’s Got Talent), there is something for everyone to enjoy at the Toronto BuskerFest. Magic, music, daredevils, acrobats, comedians, clowns, contortionists and yes, Silver Elvis and so much more.
– Group Benefit Shows: With so many incredible acts, it sometimes hard to choose who to see, but with the two Group Benefit Shows, you don’t have to choose! Each of these shows allow you to watch one incredible event with multiple acts performing, and the money collected in the hat from these 2 shows goes directly to Epilepsy Toronto!
– Great Lakes Brewery Beer Garden: Just because the sun goes down doesn’t mean the party has to stop! This year BuskerFest and Great Lakes Brewery is introducing Buskers After Dark – a music series that’s going to happen in the GLB Beer Garden, in the gazebo with shows starting as the sun goes down and going on into the evening, each night Friday – Sunday! Performances include: Lemon Bucket Orkestra Friday August 30th, Wild Man Jazz Band, Saturday August 31 and Mike Nagoda and the Spectrum Blues Band on Sunday Sept 1!
– Food Trucks & vendors: From Grandpa Ken’s World Famous Peameal Back Bacon and Burgers, to Churros and Poutine Supreme we have festival favourites for all! Check out La Tortilleria, Yiannis, tasty corn on the cob and savoury funnel cake, and cool down with a Lemonade or an Icee. It’s safe to say you can feed the entire family all weekend with a wide variety of Festival Foods!
– Hula Hoop Dance Party! For the FIRST TIME EVER, BuskerFest is throwing a Hoop Dance Party for all the hula hoopers in Toronto, of all ages and stages! Featuring a live DJ, enjoy a fun hooping lesson to get you started and then swing to the beats of DJ Tricky Mouse, with special appearances by International Hoop sensation Lisa Lottie and other pro hoopers! If you have a hoop, bring it along! If not, Hoop You will have some onsite to share. Join in the fun, Sunday September 1, at 3pm in Woodbine Park.
Join comedians, escape-artists, sword-swallowers, musicians, magicians, fire jugglers, acrobats, aerial artists, clowns and daredevils; over a hundred of the most extraordinary street performers on earth, as they descend upon Woodbine Park for some serious fun!
Admission is by voluntary donation to Epilepsy Toronto
How much you pay the performers, is always up to you. At the gates we suggest a donation of $5 per person, or $10 per family.
WHEN & WHERE
BuskerFest Date & Hours:
Friday August 30 -Monday, September 2, 2019
Friday August 30 -Monday, September 2, 2019
Friday | Noon-10:00 PM
Saturday | 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Sunday | 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Monday | 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Group Benefit Show is Friday August 30 at 7:30pm, and features a fiery finale; the Finale Group Benefit Show is Monday September 2nd at 5:00pm with the announcement of this year’s People’s Choice Award Winner!
Buskers After Dark in the GLB Beer Garden BuskerFest Toronto on Aug 30 – Sept 1, starting as the sun goes down each night!
Friday, August 30th | 9pm featuring Lemon Bucket Orkestra
Saturday, Aug 31 | 9pm featuring Wild Man Jazz Band
Hula Hoop Dance Party : Sunday September 1, at 3 PM
Schedule: See herefor more details.
Venue: Woodbine Park, in The Beach (Coxwell Ave. at Lakeshore Blvd. E.)
1590 Lake Shore Blvd E, Toronto
BuskerAccess Tent, located at the Wheel-Trans drop off area, on Eastern just east of Coxwell, visitors with disabilities are provided with assistance – such as an escort to one of the accessible stages – by accessibility volunteers wearing an identifiable accessibility symbol on their shirts.
Use public transit.
Coxwell Avenue east curb lane and layby from Eastern Avenue to Lake Shore Boulevard East will be closed from Friday at 6 a.m. to Monday at midnight.