As Ontario is officially in Stage 3 of the reopening plan, we can now enjoy various attractions and parks in and around Kitchener-Waterloo Region. Please keep in mind that social distancing protocols are still in effect.
Here is a list of activities to enjoy in the Kitchener-Waterloo Region.
1. Visit Attractions
- From July 2nd, the Ken Seiling Waterloo Region Museum will reopen with limited access and reduced hours.
- From Thursdays to Sunday, head to Doon Heritage Village to enjoy Doon Heritage Village ‘walk in the park’ experience. Visitors can also see the Mandela: Struggle for Freedom exhibit.
- Book an appointment to tour the Adelaide Hunter Hoodless Homestead. Learn more about this amazing woman who made a difference in the lives of countless women.
- See thousands of butterflies from all over the world at the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory. Book your tickets today and explore this magical world.
- Your kids are gonna love visiting cute kids! Snuggle up to them or visit other farm animals at the Growing Hope Farm.
- Like its name, THEMUSEUM is a unique place that offers fresh and relevant cultural content from around the globe. THEMUSEUM is open Wednesdays to Saturdays with a single price admission for all.
- Kingpin Cambridge is reopening on August 14th.
2. Enjoy Nature Parks & Areas
- The Kitchener-Waterloo region is dotted with beautiful and down-to-earth nature areas, parks, conservation areas, trails, and more. These cities are home to several places of nature where there is something for everyone – photographers, wildlife watchers, and others who simply want to get in touch with nature.
- Ontario Provincial parks and conservation reserves are open for limited day-use access. Enjoy hiking, cycling, or have a picnic.
- What fun it is to spend a night out on a starry night. You can enjoy Backcountry & Crown Land Camping from June 1.
- Visit National Parks and National Historic Sitesfrom June 1.
- Enjoy hiking, biking, picnicking, flying kites at City Parks.The city pathways are also open to exploring.
- Enjoy 9 kms of drive through Game Reserves that takes approximately one hour to complete and see lions, giraffe, cheetah, rhinos and over 1,000 other exotic birds and animals up close at African Lion Safari.
3. Go Fishing
You can cast a line and reel in that big catch at Ontario Provincial Parks. However, please obey any fishing location restrictions in the park as well as all public health guidelines on group sizes and physical distancing.
4. Go Boating
Enjoy canoeing & kayaking in ponds, lakes & rivers as Ontario Marinas, boat clubs and public boat launches are open for recreational use.
5. Play Sports
- Ontario Golf Courses are open. Book a tee time and challenge your family or friends.
- Test your skating skills at the skateparks. Waterloo Park skate park is open.
- You can also enjoy a picnic with family as picnic shelters are open.
- Enjoy disc golf, basketball courts, and tennis courts.
- A few sports fieldssuch as soccer and baseball diamonds are open in Kitchener.
- Go cycling and explore Cambridge, Kitchener,Waterloo.
- All city-run cultural, indoor recreation facilities and playgrounds are closed to the public.
- City splash pads at McLennan Park, Centreville-Chicopee and Kingsdale will reopen from June 26
- Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo playgrounds are open from July 17th
6. Watch a Movie
Drive-in Theatres can reopen in Ontario from June 1. Watch a movie under the stars!
- 5 Drive-in Oakville, 2332 Ninth Line, Oakville
- Starlite Drive-in, 59 Green Mountain Rd E, Stoney Creek
- Mustang Drive-in, 2551 Wilton Grove Road, London
- Mustang Drive-in Guelph, 5012 Jones Baseline Rd, Guelph
7. Shop at St. Jacob’s Market
St Jacobs Market is opening its doors on June 4th.
8. Enjoy a Quarantine Concert
There are many free concerts live-streamed every day. Check them out.
9. Enjoy Live Theatre from around the World
With COVID-19 pandemic forcing theatres to shut their doors, many performing art centres have taken to being open virtually.
10. Explore Canada or the World From Home
Explore Canada’s arctic, Winnipeg, National Parks and many more places from Home. Travel to international or outer space destinations like the international space station, discover Egypt’s Heritage Sites from tombs to monasteries or take a trip on scenic trains in Europe virtually.
11. Enjoy in Person Events
12. Explore Ontario