Sainte-Marie’s “First Light” is a must-see Ontario Top 100 event all amidst the spectacular glowof over 5,000 candles. The magic begins when visitors approach the candlelit historic site, as a beautiful amber glow illuminates the famous 17th-century mission.
First Light returns for its 21st year with an “Unplugged” experience. Candlelit pathways will guide you through the historic site, including through our highlighted historic buildings, dressed up for the holiday season.
Experience the beauty of the season wrapped in history, with take home crafts, treats in the cookhouse and a dozen local vendors located in our Brebeuf Event Centre, showcasing a variety of products for sale.
Restaurant Sainte-Marie will be open all nights during the event for guests to enjoy a traditional meal.
Please note that First Light “Unplugged” will be a significantly scaled down version of the traditional event. It has been modified to adhere to safety protocols and guidelines from the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.
– Self-guided tour of the candle-lit historic site. Your visit will take about 1 hour.
– Holiday displays and photo ops throughout the site
– Retail store
– Take-home crafts and cookies for the kids (please take one per child)
Advanced ticket purchase is mandatory for the First Light “Unplugged” event. Admission to the Holiday Vendor Market in the Brébeuf Event Centre (next to the main entrance) is separate from the First Light event and is free of charge.
- First Light “unplugged”: Adults: $7.14 (incl. tax) – Children 12 and under are free
- Holiday Craft Market (Brebéuf Event Centre): Free admission, no tickets required but access subject to maximum capacity
- The Salvation Army will be collecting non-perishable food items every night. Your donation is appreciated.
How to get tickets?
Online via Eventbrite
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
Friday, November 20, 2020 Saturday, November 21, 2020 Friday, November 27, 2020 Saturday, November 28, 2020 5 pm to 9 pm (last admission to the site between 7:30 pm and 8 pm) Access to the Holiday Craft Market until 9 pm
Sainte-Marie among the Hurons
16164 HWY 12 E, Midland
- Free parking available on-site
- Washrooms are available inside the visitor center and outside the museum and restaurant area