The Toronto Caribbean Carnival is an exciting four-week cultural explosion of Caribbean music, cuisine and revelry. It is the largest cultural event in Canada and the largest outdoor festival in North America. Taking place from July 7 to August 11, 2019, this year marks the 52nd anniversary of the carnival in Toronto and will feature more floats, music, celebrities and fun than ever before. The theme “Canada’s Celebration of Freedom and Diversity” will infuse every aspect of the festival, from the parade route to the shows and all performers including singers, pannists and calypsonians.
King & Queen Showcase — Male and female performers embody and showcase the creative work of the talented artists, designers, and costume builders. The Kings, the Queens, and individuals of the Carnival bands will unveil their elaborately themed costumes highlighting the creative minds and imagination of the designers.
Who is it for?
All ages – Family
Tickets : Adult ($25) Seniors 65+ ($20) Children 12 & Under ($15)
General Admission gets you into Exhibition Place grounds where you can enjoy a great view of the parade from seats in the bleachers or bring some folding chairs and find your own perfect viewing spot!
VIP Admission: $115 to $195- view of the parade from within the Exhibition Place grounds (along Princes Blvd) the comfort of a shady shelter and includes delicious Caribbean food and non-alcoholic beverages.
Viewing from Lakeshore Blvd is free
How to get tickets?
At the door
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
Saturday, August 03, 2019 | 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Parade: ~ 10:30 AM
Venue & Address :
Exhibition Place, Ontario Place & Lakeshore Blvd
Lake Shore Boulevard West will be fully closed from Bathurst Street to Colborne Lodge Drive starting at 2 a.m. on Saturday, August 3 until 6 a.m. on Sunday, August 4.
The following TTC routes are the best public transit options for getting to Exhibition Place for the Toronto Caribbean Carnival Grande Parade.
• 29 Dufferin/29E Dufferin Express buses southbound from Dufferin Station to Dufferin Gate will have extra service from Bloor to the Exhibition Loop.
• 511 Bathurst streetcar southbound from Bathurst Station to the Exhibition Loop will have extra service.
• 504 King streetcar westbound from King or St. Andrew stations to the intersection of King Street and Strachan Avenue and walk south for five to 10 minutes.
• 509 Harbourfront streetcar westbound from Union Station to the Exhibition Loop. Extra service will be provided.
• 63 Ossington from Ossington Station to Liberty Village.
• 193 Exhibition Rocket will operate express from Dundas West Station.