The City of Markham welcomes many visitors throughout the day to our Canada Day celebrations, uniting all members of our diverse community. It will be a full day of fun for all ages!
Milne Dam is the official site of Markham’s Canada Day celebrations, offering a wide variety of children’s activities, live music by School of Rock Markham, tasty food and more! Cap the night off with grand finale fireworks at dusk.
Watch the past, present and future of Markham come to life at the People’s Parade – one of the City’s most cherished annual events celebrating our community’s diversity!
Enjoy an evening of live music, featuring Classic Rock, Modern Rock, Blues Rock, Hard Rock, Soul/Rhythm & Blues and Country! Make your way to the Children’s Activity Zone for airbrush tattoos, balloon twisting, colouring fun, mascots, super heroes and more!
Entertainers include Sara Fazackerley, The Beresfords, Raquel, Homicide Ventura, School of Rock House Band.
Who is it for?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: July 1, 2019 | All day
- Citizenship Ceremony | 8:30 AM @ Markham Civic Centre – Council Chamber, 101 Town Centre Boulevard
- Seniors’ Luncheon | 11:45 AM @ Le Parc – 8432 Leslie Street
- Celebrations at Milne Dam | 3 to 11 PM
- Children’s Activity Zone | 3 to 6 PM @ 8251 McCowan Road
- People’s Parade | 4:00 PM @ Beginning at McCowan Road and Hwy 7, leading in to Milne Dam
- Milne Dam Celebrations | 3:00 – 11:00 PM @ 8251 McCowan Road
Venue: Milne Park, 8251 McCowan Rd, Markham, ON L3P 3J3
Public transport accessible