Canada’s largest celebration of Japanese Canadian arts & culture held in Vancouver’s historic Japanese Canadian neighbourhood.
Guests can enjoy the festival’s interactive installations, children’s activities, craft market, martial arts demonstrations, amateur sumo tournament, historical walking tours, tea ceremonies, ikebana and bonsai demonstrations, and delicious Japanese cuisine from over twenty food vendors.
- Live Music ☼ Japanese Food ☼ Sumo Wrestling ☼ Literary Events ☼ Dance ☼ Film ☼ Martial Arts ☼ Craft Vendors ☼ Omikoshi ☼ Theatre ☼ Taiko Drumming ☼ Walking Tours ☼ Anime ☼ IIkebana & Bonsai Demos ☼ Children’s Activities
- Yuni Mori will bring her original piano compositions and delicate voice from Yamanashi, Japan
- Teke::Teke, a seven-piece band from Montreal, will rock their Takeshi Terauchi-inspired blend of shoe-gaze, post-rock and noise
- Seattle’s Katrina Wolfe will unveil a shape-shifting butoh experience
- June Fukumura will appear as her dark humoured, clown alter-ego Sumiko for a quirky interactive Japanese game show.
Who is it for?
All ages – Family
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
Saturday, August 3 & Sunday, August 4, 2019 | 11:30 AM to 7:00 PM – Schedule
Venue & Address :
The festival is centered at Alexander Street & Jackson Avenue
Firehall Arts Centre, 280 East Cordova Street, Vancouver
Vancouver Japanese Language School., 475 Alexander St, Vancouver
Vancouver Buddhist Temple, 220 Jackson Avenue, Vancouver
You may like: