Experience the old-fashioned magic of Christmas at Heritage Christmas at the Burnaby Village Museum, November 21, 2020 to January 1, 2021. Stroll through the 1920’s village and enjoy spectacular lights, vintage-themed displays and historical exhibits.
- Stop by the Burnaby Lake General Store to browse the Christmas light display and learn about popular store purchases in the 1920’s
- Check out the newly renovated Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee & Co. Herbalist shop in the Village to discover the role Chinese medicine has played in shaping communities like Burnaby
- Visit the Jesse Love Farmhouse to experience a historic family home lovingly decorated for the holidays
- Explore the history of Chinese-Canadians in Burnaby at our feature exhibit, Across the Pacific, in The Stride Studios
- Chat with the teacher at Seaforth School and learn about schooling in early Burnaby
- Find out what a blacksmith does during daily demonstrations at Wagner’s Blacksmith Shop
- Check out an interesting steam demonstration at the Steam Shed on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Treat yourself at the Ice Cream Parlour (limited to-go menu items, contactless payment only)
Who is it for?
All ages – Family
All visitors must arrive within 30 minutes of their scheduled time. As a courtesy to other visitors, we recommend limiting your stay to one hour.
Visitors will be required to use the hand sanitizer station before entering Heritage Christmas, and we encourage visitors to frequently use additional sanitizer stations, located throughout the site.
Tickets :Admission is free.
Advance reservations are recommended.
How to get tickets?
To book your day and time please call Burnaby Village Museum at 604-297-4565 during office hours:
Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
Saturday and Sunday 1:30-8:30pm
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
November 21, 2020 – January 1, 2021 November 21 – December 18
Wednesday-Friday, 1 PM -5:30 PM
Saturday-Sunday, 1 PM- 9 PM
(closed Mondays and Tuesdays)
December 19- January 1, 2021
Daily, 1 PM – 9 PM
(Closed December 24 & 25)
Bright in Burnaby: Saturday, November 30, 5-9 PM| 4:00 PM -9:00 PM
Ceremonies include a Tree Lighting Ceremony & Light Refreshments at 6pm.
Venue & Address :
Burnaby Village Museum & Carousel – 6501 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby, BC V5G 3T6 Canada