Enjoy free admission and special programming at provincial parks, museums and historic sites on Monday, February 17, 2020.
The Family Day weekend also marks the first of two annual Family Fishing Weekends. Head out and discover the lure of fishing without the need to buy a sportfishing licence. All regulations still apply.
Alberta Museums offering Free Admission
1. Oil Sands Discovery Centre – Fort McMurray on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
2. Royal Alberta Museum — Edmonton on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
3. Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology – Drumheller on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
4. Government House – Edmonton on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
5. Rutherford House – Edmonton on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 12 p.m. and 4 p.m.
6. Reynolds-Alberta Museum – Wetaskiwin on Feb. 17, 2020 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
7. Frank Slide Interpretive Centre – Crowsnest Pass on Feb. 17, 2020 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
8. Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump – near Fort Macleod on Feb. 17, 2020 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
9. Remington Carriage Museum – Cardston on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Activities at Alberta Parks
Alberta provincial parks in winterare for more than just cross-country skiing. Try snowshoeing, fat tire biking, ice fishing, tobogganing, skating and downhill skiing, along with festivals, in Alberta’s most exciting season.
Take part in these events and activities (all activities are weather permitting):
Crimson Lake Provincial Park– Rocky Mountain House
Find a whole day of outdoor fun and entertainment at the annual Crimson Lake Winterfest, starting at 11 a.m. Snowshoeing and ice fishing demonstrations are just a few of the activities to try out. Reduced camping rates let you fill your weekend with outdoor adventure.
William A. Switzer Provincial Park – Yellowhead County
Snow! Skiing! Chilli! What could be more fun?! A cross country ski loppet is a timed event but really it is all about participation and having fun with other skiers at this family friendly event. Saturday, February 15, 2020
Beaver Lake Provincial Recreation Area– Lac La Biche
Lac La Biche Community Learning & Alberta Parks invite everyone to come enjoy a wintery afternoon of family fun activities in the park at the 10th Annual Fun in the Snow Family Day event from 11:00 am—3:00 pm on Feb 16, 2020! Free activities include:
- Horse-drawn Sleigh Rides
- Hotdog Roast & Cabane à Sucre
- Cross Country Skiing with Lac La Biche Nordic Ski Club & Snowshoeing
- Ice Fishing: Family Day Weekend is Free Fishing Weekend for all Albertans!
- Other fun outdoor activities!