There more to Niagara Falls region than the mighty Horseshoe Falls! From exploring the tunnels behind the falls to biking the Welland Canal and exploring Niagara Ale Trail, there is plenty to occupy you all this summer in Niagara Falls Region: From Wainfleet to Grimsby and from Fort Erie to St Catharines!
Summer Activities at Niagara Falls
- Enjoy the illuminated Falls play background for a stunning fireworks show.
- Race down the brand new forty-two feet high, the Niagara Speedway!
- Enjoy free concerts featuring local bands in Queen Victoria Park.
- Bike the Niagara Falls Recreation Trail!
- Join for the Annual Garden Walk of the Niagara Falls Horticultural Society.Tour 10 lovely & unique gardens sure to inspire you. Musicians + artists featured at select gardens.
- Zipline across the falls!
- Watch the sparks fly and feel the beat with Hornblower Niagara Cruise.
- Practice your yoga a whole new way!
- Join for the exclusive series of exciting culinary events that will feature flavours of the Niagara River Corridor!
- Wear the red poncho and experience the world famous tour of the Great Gorge, American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls – and an up-close-and-personal connection with the thundering powers of the mighty Horseshoe Falls.
- Whether you want to enjoy a foot-stomping, thrilling celebration of Irish culture, or listen to multi-faceted performers, there is no shortage of entertainment at Fallsview Casino!
- Enjoy stunning blooms of spring and the Floral Showhouse just a short walk south of the Falls and Table Rock Centre.
- People watch at Clifton Hills!
- Join for an extraordinary Close Up Magic experience at the Radisson Hotel in Niagara Falls featuring Mind Blowing Magic, Comedy and Interactive Mind Manipulation all set in a very intimate venue.
- Enjoy a fun and thrilling experience of suspended obstacles and zip lines high above the world-famous whirlpool and Niagara gorge.
- Walk along the boardwalk and enjoy the tranquility beside the raw power and peril of the Niagara River’s Class 6 white-water rapids!
- See Niagara Falls from up above at Skylon Tower!
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride amidst the blooming flowers at Niagara Falls Botanical Garden!
- Spend 45 minutes learning about the history and geology of the majestic Niagara River, and experiencing the excitement of playing in class 5 whitewater rapids as you journey on the Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours.
- Enjoy a dinner overlooking the falls!
- Cross the Canadian and American border without a document in hand!
- See world’s rarest egg, 2-headed animals, and authentic shrunken heads at Ripley’s Believe it or Not Odditorium.
- Explore the great gorge and take a trip back in time as you wander past boulders left behind as the falls eroded through this area thousands of years ago at Niagara’s Glen!
- Feed the ducks at Dufferin Islands Park!
- Play Golf! .
- Meet the singing Mountie, Hockey Player, Anne of Green Gables, Klondike Kitty and more. This high-energy production features over 70 songs from all-Canadian artists including music from Paul Anka, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, the Bare Naked Ladies, Avril Lavigne, Justin Bieber and many, MANY more.
Summer Activities in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Visit the wineries!
- Enjoy Music Niagara’s 21st Summer Festival that will feature 39 events between July 14th and August 10th 2019.
- Visit Lavender Farm at Niagara Essential Oils & Blend.
- Go for the freshly baked cherry pies and stay for the fun at this Cherry Festival! Saturday, July 6th 2019 @ St. Mark’s Church.
- See more than 14 plays on 3 stages along with loads of different events and activities at the Shaw Festival!
- Eat the ice cream at Avondale Dairy Bar!
- Tour several private gardens spread over Historic Old Town during the Annual Niagara-on-the-Lake Garden Tour – Saturday, July 6, 2019.
- Celebrate the art form of jazz in the Niagara Region 3 days of live jazz & events throughout Niagara – TD Niagara Jazz Festival.
- Enjoy lots of tasty “Peachy” delights” from local bakeries and restaurants and of course local growers selling their delicious fresh peaches. Aug 10, 2019 10:00 am – 5:00 pm @ Queen St from Victoria St to King Street.
- Join the Friends of Fort George for a social evening, celebrating Jane Austen’s novel, Mansfield Park! This Regency evening will include tea and treats, music, games, and more!
- Join Parks Canada and the Friends of Fort George for the annual Fife & Drum Muster and Soldiers’ Field Day! Fife and drum corps and infantry units from historic sites across Canada and the United States will converge on Fort George National Historic Site, showcasing the military music and drills of the early 19th century.Photo Credit: Canadian Tourism Commission
- Climb to the top of the Brock Monument!
- Stop at pop-up/road side fruit markets to taste the fresh of the farm fruits from the Niagara region!
- Go an enchanted journey back in time with costumed guides and folklore to match as you learn more about Laura Secord.
- Go on a winery tour on the bike!
- Step inside Fort George after dark and learn about its history and hauntings during a 1.5 to 2 hour candlelight ghost walk.
- Take a horse ride along the Niagara escarpment!
- Go for Stand up paddling on Niagara River!
- Explore the heritage buildings and the picturesque downtown on a walking tour!
- Tell the time at the Floral Clock!
Summer Activities in Fort Erie
- Have a full weekend of free family fun and entertainment in Historic Downtown Ridgeway all weekend long at Downtown Ridgeway Summer Festival July 6 & 7, 2019.
- Get just-picked produce, farm specialties like baked goods, maple syrup, honey, VQA wines, and more at Ridgeway Farmers’ Market.
- Explore Riverwalk located along the Niagara Boulevard between Queen Street and Bertie Street that offer majestic views of the Peace Bridge and the Niagara River.
- Join for 33rd annual Friendship Festival featuring FREE concerts, Model Plane & Car Shows, historic encampment, Robertson Amusements – Thrills for All ages, free family activities, green area, reptiles, food trucks, vendors, artists and much more! July 18 to 21, 2019
- Learn more about Fort Erie’s history – visit Fort Erie Historical Museum, the Fort Erie Railway Museum, the Battle of Ridgeway Memorial Park Site, Mewinzha: First Nations Gallery.
- Have a beach day Crystal Beach or at Crescent Beach Park.
- Old Fort Erie is the site of Canada’s bloodiest battlefield, so what better place to experience a chilling ghost tour?
- See more than 1000 animals of native and exotic mammals, reptiles and birds at Safari Niagara.
Summer Activities in Pelham
- Enjoy free concerts on Thursday nights at Fonthill Bandshell.
- Chill on the Hill for four days of family fun at Fonthill during Pelham Summerfest – July 18 – 21, 2019
- Enjoy offerings from local restaurants, wineries & Breweries and live entertainment each Thursday evening in a beautiful setting in downtown Fonthill during Pelham Supper Market. Thursdays June until September , 2019 | 4:30pm – 9:00pm
Summer Activities in Port Colborne
- Join for Port Colborne’s signature event Canal Days Marine Heritage Festival, and comprises a number of fascinating attractions as marine vessels gather for four days to celebrate the city’s maritime heritage along the canal. Explore the decks, try your hand at the wheel, or feel the spray as you cruise the Empire Sandy, Tall Ship on Lake Erie or the E.M. Cotter Fire Boat along the Canal wall. August 2 – 5, 2019.
- Enjoy a walk along the Port Promenade and discover the shops of Historic West Street and the Downtown Business District.
- Go Scuba diving to explore the Easter Basin wrecks off Port Colborne!
- Start your fishing trip from Sugarloaf Marina!
- Have tea at Arabella’s Tea Room at Port Colborne Historical & Marine Museum and Heritage Village – Open Daily from June to September, 2 to 4 pm daily, including Holidays
- Show off your skate boarding tricks at the Marine themed Skate & BMX Park – Algoport.
- Build sandcastles at Nickel Beach or Centennial Beach.
- Picnic at Lock 8 Gateway Park and watch ships that pass through the Welland Canal and into Lake Erie.
Summer Activities in Wainfleet
- Join for the Annual Marshville Heritage Festival in Wainfleet and learn for about the lifestyle of a Wainfleet farm family in the 1890’s . – Labour Day Weekend.
- Camp, see the many waterfowls, sunbathe at the long sandy beach and more at Long Beach Conservation area.
- Go birding at Wainfleet Wetlands Conservation Area
- Enjoy boating, swimming and fishing at Chippawa Creek Conservation area.
Summer Activities in Welland
- Enjoy free concerts on the floating stage at Merritt Park this summer – Fridays | 07:00 PM
- Get your inflatables, and your kiddies and get to Welland for the annual Welland Floatfest! – July 7, 2019 at Welland Recreational Canal at Scuba Park.
- The Rock N Roll Party of the Summer will shake the foundation of the Golden Horseshoe – join for Rock The Roses “Hair In The Fair” Rock Festival.
- Cheer the participants of the many international water sporting events taking place at Welland International Flatwater Centre.
- Go on a historical walking tour of Welland!
- Enjoy Welland Bridge 13 in Downtown Welland lit up every night!
- Go for a walk in Merritt Island trail or bike the Welland portion of Great Niagara Circle Trail!
Summer Activities in Lincoln
- Find hidden treasures at the antique stores of Lincoln.
- Say hello to the Ostriches at Ostrich Land!
- Explore worlds of the early Pennsylvania Mennonite settlers and the Edwardian Schoolmistress at Jordan Historical Museum.
- Hike the Bruce Trail to the magnificent waterfalls of Ball’s Falls Conservation Area .
- Explore Niagara’s Sonoma Valley – Twenty valley features over 50 vineyards that includes many of the provinces best, boutique wineries.
- Spend an afternoon noshing Zooma’s incredible food, and a glass of Sue-Ann’s award-winning wine from noon ’til 4pm and during select weekends in summer at Sue-Ann Staff Estate Winery.
- Stargaze at Chronos Observatory of Calamus Estate Winery during special days!
Summer Activities in Thorold
- Explore Short Hills Provincial Park.
- Grab your lawn chairs and head to the park to enjoy the entertainment provided by the Thorold Reed Band at the Battle of Beaverdams Park. 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday evenings
- Enjoy the old town charm of downtown Thorold! The second Thursdays of every month, Figg Street Co. on Front Street in Thorold hosts an art event featuring local artists.
- See cars and more at Thorold Car Show (Saturday, July 20, 2019) when local car lovers from around Niagara and beyond gather on Front Street to show off their precious vehicles.
- Have a family fun day at Merrittville Speedway.
- Watch the ships and learn more about the history of Thorold through artifacts from the Thorold and Beaverdams Historical Society at Lock 7 viewing centre.
- When summer ends, visit Howells Pumpkin Farm.
Summer Activities in St Catharines
- Bike Welland Canal or Ship watch at any of the four cities – St. Catharines, Thorold, Welland and Port Colborne.
- What is summer without tasting Lip Smackin’ Finger-Lickin’ Ribs from all over North America? St Catharines Rotary RibFest is always held on the civic long weekend at Montebello Park.
- Go in search of Downtown St. Catharines’ ghosts! Explore the history and haunted tales of Downtown St. Catharines and delve into the haunted tales of the past and the present day while also sharing historical commentary about the unique buildings and happenings in Downtown St. Catharines.
- Cheer the participants of 137th Annual Royal Canadian Henley Regatta. Aug6 to 11 @ 61 Main Street, St-Catharines
- Enjoy a beach day at Lake Ontario Beaches!
- Revel in Norm Foster comedies during The Foster Festival.
- Enjoy the sounds of local musicians on Wednesday nights in July | from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Montebello Park.
- Enjoy Craft beer vendors, food vendors, live music, ping pong and patio games in Downtown St. Catharines on a Sunday afternoon during Quench Downtown Craft Beer Festival. July 21, 2019 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Discover the history of St Catharines and Welland Canal at St. Catharines Museum and Welland Canals Centre.While there, learn more about Canada’s National Summer Sport through
Ontario Lacrosse Hall of Fame & Museum .
- Explore 15 craft breweries at Niagara’s Ale Trail.
- Check out the many events taking place at First Ontario Performing Arts Centre!
- Take your toddler to Lakeside Park Carousel.
- Hike to Decew Falls, and see the working grist mill rebuilt in 1872 at Morningstar Mill.
- Visit Henry of Pelham Family Estate Winery for winery tours or for the many gourmet foodie events!
- Say Opa, loud and clear as you experience a true Greek celebrationwith traditional music and the Kalamatiano, Tsamiko, Zeimbekiko and other Greek dances.
- Visit St Catharine’s Farmers Marketfor the “best that Niagara Grows”. Enjoy hands-on experiences, including making butter, creating seed mosaics, honey tasting, market searches and more during Market Discovery Table and the sounds of local musicians at Music in the Square.
- Visit Mann Raceway Plaza (FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre)on Sunday, August 18 and enjoy a Driftwood Theatre’s 25th annual Bard’s Bus Tour with A (musical) Midsummer Night’s Dream, an a cappella slant on William Shakespeare’s most popular comedy.
Summer Activities in Grimsby
- Enjoy breathtaking and panoramic views of the Niagara Escarpment and Lake Ontario and hike to Beamer Falls at Beamer Conservation area.
- Discover the works of local artists at Grimsby Public Art Gallery.
- See E.D. Smith’s Refractometer, Penny-Farthing Bicycle and more at Grimsby Museum!
- Get fresh food and locally farmed products from Grimsby Farmers Market: every Thursday from the end of May until Thanksgiving weekend on Main Street in Grimsby from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Discover Grimsby’s history on guided walking tours with Grimsby Museum during Historic Walks.