Gather up your friends and family and get ready to have a ton of Christmas fun on December 25th. If you want to get out of the house and celebrate this special time, here are some ideas of what you can do on Christmas Day in and around Vancouver.
You may like:Things to Do in Vancouver this Weekend
1. Vancouver AquariumMake a splash this festive season at the Vancouver Aquarium.With over 60,000 creatures, and amazing shows daily, there’s something for everyone on December 25th. Open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2. White Winter Fun
Enjoy Snow tubing, Downhill Skiing & Snowboarding, Cross Country Skiing, at Cypress Mountain.
Dec 25 | 9am to 4pm
3. Robson Square Skating
Renew a classic Vancouver tradition and enjoy some old-fashioned fun. Robson Square’soutdoor skating rink is open, so celebrate winter in style with free skating in the heart of downtown Vancouver. December 25th: 12:00 AM — 5:00 PM
4. Peak of Christmas
Experience the tranquil beauty of skating on 8,000 square foot mountaintop Ice Skating Pond, surrounded by snow-topped trees at Grouse Mountain Resort. Walk among the fir and spruce around Blue Grouse Lake where stunning light installations bring radiance to the winter night. From a light tunnel to lanterns, marvel at the beauty as snow crunches under foot. Open December 25: 9:00am-8:00pm.
5. Winter WalkingBreathe fresh air and enjoy the beauty of nature by going on a walk along the many trails of Metro Vancouver Regional Parksor Stanley Park.
6. Explore Christmas Lights
Be in awe as you take in over 200 glimmering stars made up of over 100,000 shining lights that span St. Paul’s, experience the nostalgic tradition of the Woodward’s Windows, a bright forest of Christmas trees, explore dazzling lights displayat Lafarge Lake in Coquitlam’s Town Centre park and other displays around Metro Vancouver.
7. See a movie
- See the hilarious, award-winning, one-woman show that inspired the BBC’s hit TV series FLEABAG, captured live for cinemas from London’s West End at Rio Theatre (Wednesday, December 25
Doors 6:30 pm | Show 7:00 pm).
- Find out what happens at Downton Abbey when Crawleys and their intrepid staff prepare for the most important moment of their lives, a royal visit from the King and Queen of England at Rio Theatre (Wednesday, December 25, Doors 3:45 pm | Movie 4:15 pm.).
- Landmark/CineplexTheatres. Movies releasing include:
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker — Release Date: December 19, 2019
- Cats — Release Date: December 20, 2019
- Spies In Disguise — Release Date: December 25, 2019
- Little Women — Release Date: December 25, 2019
8. Nutcracker Afternoon Tea
The Notch8 Private Dining Room has been transformed to take you on a journey into the magic and wonder of the holiday season. As the steam rises from your perfectly steeped cup of tea, indulge in delectable savoury fare, scones and festive sweets created by in-house Pastry Shop. Ssittings at 11am, 1pm & 3pm. Adults $79; Children $39.5 (ages 6-12 year, age 5 years and below are complimentary)
9. Christmas Day Brunch/Dinner
Enjoy the holiday over brunch or dinner at the Vancouver restaurant of your choice.
- YEW seafood + bar – Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver: Savour your choice of holiday classics like chestnut stuffed roasted turkey or indulge in a bounty of seafood options, this three-course holiday meal is sure to have you smiling through New Years! Served
Brunch: December 25th, From 9:30am to 2:30pm ($105 per person, $50 for kids under 12)
Dinner: December 25th From 5:00pm to 10:00pm ($115 per person.$55 for kids under 12)
- Water Street Cafe– Enjoy a festive $129 5-course menu on December 25th from 2pm to 8pm. And our $45 kids menu (12 and under)
- Pacific Ballroom – Notch 8 – A lavish holiday buffet awaits as Notch 8 chefs take you on a gastronomic journey with traditional carvery offerings, succulent seafood and decadent festive desserts. Festive melodies brought to you by live entertainment, appearance by Santa & Mrs. Claus! Wednesday, December 25, 2019 at 5 PM – 9 PM Adults $199; Children $99. age 5 years and below are complimentary.
- H2 Rotisserie & Bar– Sweet and savoury dishes, table-side cocktails, live music, meet with Santa. Wednesday, December 25, 2019 at 12 PM – 3 PM. $75 per person, $35 for children 6-12 , Free for children 5 and under
- ARC Restaurant + Bar – Enjoy unforgettable holiday dining in ARC, a destination capturing the warm allure of West Coast life complete with snow-capped mountain and harbour views. From the flavours of the ocean to the stories of local farmers, Chef Michael Pagnacco’s festive menus are a true expression of our unique region. Wednesday, December 25, 2019 at 5:30 PM – 10 PM. Adults $109 | Children (3 – 12 years) $55 | Infants Complimentary
10. Frozen Chanukah on Ice!Skate with friends to Chanukah Music with Olaf and Elsa. The Hillcrest Arena ice rinkis open exclusively to Chanukah on Ice Participants. Enjoy Latkes, Donuts, Crafts and Games! Wednesday, December 25, 2019 at 12 PM – 2 PM @ Hillcrest Arena, 4575 Clancy Loranger Way
11. Winter Ice Palace
Join for a seasonal skate in Surrey and get into the Christmas cheer! The Cloverdale Ice Arenawill be transformed into a winter wonderland with festive lights, decorations and music. It’s the perfect way to enjoy holiday fun with your family. Wednesday December 25 at 12pm to 3pm
You may like: