The Toronto Zoo has announced that it is opening the new Scenic Drive-Thru Experiencefrom Saturday, May 23, 2020. The new Scenic Safari driving route will allow guests to see the Zoo’s animals from the comfort and safety of their own vehicle along a 3.4 kilometres route which takes approximately 45 minutes to one hour.
Visitors to the Zoo from a whole new perspective as they drive on staff-only roads, pedestrian walkways through the Zoo site, and even through the lion cave in the African Savanna!
Visitors can drive through areas of the Zoo including Indo-Malaya, African Savanna, Americas and Eurasia.
This experience will have minimal to no contact between guests and Zoo staff/animals. This proposed route will allow Zoo guests to have a unique animal viewing experience complemented by pre-recorded audio with educational content to guide them through the experience. The audio can be downloaded in advance of guests’ arrival in the form of a podcast. There will be additional signage along the route to guide the guests through the experience as well.
TORONTO ZOO SAFARI DRIVE THRU
3.4 kilometres route which takes approximately 45 minutes to one hour through the zoo.
- Bring your own car. Vehicle dimensions must not exceed 7ft. high or 9ft. wide
- Only travel with household members.
- Safari patrons will not be allowed to leave their car at any point once they start the Scenic Safari route
- Washrooms will only be available prior to the safari in the Zoo’s main parking lot
From Saturday, May 23, 2020 during regular zoo hours.
Address: 2000 Meadowvale Rd, Toronto
Visitors will drive their personal vehicles through the Zoo’s Main Entrance and exit will be on Old Finch Avenue via a service gate at the Zoo’s Administration Building.
- Car with 2 or less occupants: $44 Non-Member, $32 Member
- Car with 3 or more occupants: $59 Non-Member, $47 Member
Tickets on sale FRIDAY, MAY 22, 2020
Tickets for the new experience go on sale on Friday, May 22nd at 11 am and must be purchased in advance.