Get hooked and give fishing a try on Canadian water bodies during license free fishing days.
Fishing regulations and other rules still apply during license free days and National Park fishing license is required to fish in Canadian National Parks.
Free Fishing Days in Alberta
Family Fishing Weekends, occurs twice a year.
- Family Day long weekend in February – February 15, 16, 17, 2020
- The weekend following Canada Day in July – July 4-5, 2020
Alberta Conservation Association and Alberta Environment and Parks have stocked waterbodies across the province to create over 260 different fishing opportunities.
Free Fishing Days in British Columbia
Once a year during June, during the annual BC’s Family Fishing Weekend.
- In June: Father’s Day Weekend: June 19 to 21, 2020
Free Fishing Days in Manitoba
Twice a year.
- Louis Riel Day Weekend February 15 to 17, 2020.
- In June. Saturday, June 13 and Sunday, June 14, 2020
Free Fishing Days in New Brunswick
Family Day long weekend in February and on the first weekend of June.
Access to private waters, Crown Reserve waters and Crown Leases is still restricted. Licences will be required, however, if anglers want to retain landlocked salmon from 48 to 63 cm FL.
- Family Day long weekend in February: February 15-17, 2020
- The first weekend of June: June 6-7, 2020
Free Fishing Days in Newfoundland and Labrador
No free days for non-residents.
Trout fishing free for residents.
Free Fishing Days in Nova Scotia
Known as free sportfishing weekends.
- In February: Heritage Day Weekend (annual winter sportfishing weekend ) February February 15 to 17, 2020.
- Summer 2020: June 6 – 7, 2020
The Nova Scotia Anglers’ Handbook is available online .
Free Fishing Days in Ontario
- Family Day Weekend: February 15 – 17, 2020 (12:01 a.m. Saturday to 11:59 p.m. Monday)
- Mother’s Day Weekend: May 9 – 10, 2020 (12:01 a.m. Saturday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday)
- Father’s Day Weekend: June 20 – 21, 2020 (12:01 a.m. Saturday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday)
- July 4 – 19, 2020 (12:01 a.m. Saturday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday).
Free Fishing Days in Prince Edward Island
Once a year
- May long (Victoria Day) weekend.
Free Fishing Days in Quebec
Fête de la pêche – Once a Year
2020 – Cancelled due to COVID-19; originally scheduled for June 5, 6 and 7, 2020.
Free Fishing Days in Saskatchewan
Twice a Year
- Family Day Weekend: February 13, 14, 15, 2021
- Second Weekend in July: July 11 and 12, 2020
Free Fishing Days in Yukon
Once a Year in early July (around Canada Day Weekend).
If you’re a Yukon resident, you may fish for freshwater fish without an angling licence during the annual Family Fishing Weekend.
Yukon residents fishing for salmon are still required to possess both an angling licence and a Salmon Conservation Catch Card during this period.
2020 TBA (2019: June 28 to July 1, 2019)