The weather is cooling down, and the gorgeous fall colors are starting to appear across the beautiful province of PEI. Head out and explore what great activities that PEI has waiting for you at the end of summer and the beginning of fall. Here are just 50 things you can do during September in PEI.
1. L’Exposition Agricole Et Le Festival Acadien – Abram Village from August 28th to September 1st, 2019
Celebrate Acadian culture and agricultural traditions at L’Exposition Agricole Et Le Festival Acadien. During the festival, there will live music, a craft show, talent competition, exhibitions, local cuisines and much more.
2. PEI International Shellfish Festival – Charlottetown on September 19th to 22nd, 2019
The PEI International Shellfish Festival is four days that honour PEI’s world-famous shellfish. So, bring your friends along to enjoy a roof-raising kitchen party as the sun sets over Charlottetown. This event is a ‘must’ for anyone who loves seafood.
3. “Singalong Jubilee” – Charlottetown until October 12th, 2019
The musical tribute to “Singalong Jubilee” will have you singing along to some of Canada’s most iconic songs from the 1960s and 70s. Celebrate the music, the people and the stories of one of the most-watched Canadian TV shows in history.
4. Murray Harbour Farmer’s Market – Murray Harbour until October 26th, 2019
On Saturday mornings, the Murray Harbour Farmer’s Market is the place to be. There are lots of local products available at the market, including freshly picked produce, fresh seafood, handmade soap, and much more.
5. Atlantic Blue – Charlottetown until September 27th, 2019
At an Atlantic Blue show, Tara MacLean will take you on a journey into the past by telling the amazing story of how music arrived on Canada’s east coast and how it has thrived over the years. Each show showcases an upcoming guest artist to show where east coast music is heading.
6. The Mighty Island Chowder Trail – Across PEI until September 30th, 2019
Warm-up and taste what local PEI chefs have being creating when you follow the Mighty Island Chowder Trail. Restaurants across PEI have come together to see who makes the best chowder. Enjoy lobster chowder, clam chowder and seafood chowder all September long
7. My Ode To The Road – A Memory Journey with Stompin’ Tom Dinner Theatre – Skinners Pond until September 24th, 2019
Hear the stories of Grampie Shea and his wild adventures with Stompin’ Tom at this great Dinner Theatre.
8. Sturgeon Ceilidh – Sturgeon on September 1st, 15th, & 29th, 2019
A variety of performers take the stage every second week at the Sturgeon Ceilidh. Admission to the Ceilidh includes biscuits with jam, and tea.
9. Spinning Yarns – Charlottetown until September 28th, 2019
Hear Tales and Tunes from a homesick Newfoundlander, Stephen Guy-McGrath. Spinning Yarns features traditional Newfoundland fiddle tunes, well-loved songs, and stories that will leave you in stitches.
10. Downtown Farmer’s Market – Charlottetown until September 29th, 2019
Downtown Farmer’s Market is open Sunday mornings from 11 am to 4 pm. Vendors come from across PEI to sell amazing handmade crafts,artisan baked goods, and fresh produce. There is so much to see at this farmer’s market, and the vendors are always friendly.
11. Anne & Gilbert the Musical – Charlottetown until October 20th, 2019
See Anne of Green Gables all grown up in the award-winning musical: Anne & Gilbert the Musical. The show is great for all ages and is an unforgettable show. Check the Box Office or online for tickets times and availability.
12. Oyster Bed Speedway – Oyster Bed Bridge on September 2nd, 7th, 15th, &16th, 2019
Professional drivers from across Canada gather at the Oyster Bed Speedway to test their driving skills and see who is the fastest. There are Outlaw, Mini-stock, and Street Stock races. Race enthusiasts of all ages will love watching these high-speed races.
13. MacKinnon Homestead Scottish Ceilidh – Richmond until October 1st, 2019
Experience traditional Prince Edward Island culture on Tuesdays at 7:30 pm. The MacKinnon Homestead Scottish Ceilidhs has won the Governor General’s Award in the past. This is a ‘must see’ home when you are visiting PEI.
14. Mamma Mia! – Charlottetown until September 28th, 2019
Here we go again, Mamma Mia has returned for another season at the Festival. Hear your favourite ABBA songs and see the iconic story of a mother, a daughter and three possible dads at the Confederation Centre of the Arts.
15. Close to the Ground Concert Series – Kaylee Hall, Pooles Corner September 5th, 12th,19th, & 26, 2019
Close to the Ground Concert Series celebrates local music ever week at Kaylee Hall. The concert will showcase music by the Fiddler’s Sons and special guests.
16. Ceilidh in the City – Charlottetown until October 30th, 2019
You do not need to travel out of Charlottetown to go to a Ceilidh. The weekly Ceilidh in the City begins when some of PEI’s best musicians and storytellers in the city to take the stage to entertain you. Each Wednesday is different, but the show is always great.
You may like:
17. Stompin’ Tom Dinner Theatre – My Island Home – Skinners Pond – Every Tuesday until September 26th, 2019
My Island Home was written by Erin Dunn-Keefe, who is a talented local entertainer. The show also features many other talented, local entertainers. Along with the show, you can enjoy a meal of PEI culinary delights with a unique local twist.
18. Got Blues Matinee –Factory Cookhouse & Dancehall, Charlottetown Starting September 7th, 2019
Starting September 7, 2019, weekly Blue jams will be hosted by Chris Roumbanis and friends every Saturday afternoon from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
19. Taste of Georgetown – Georgetown on September 5th, 2019
If you are looking for super local seafood and entertaining stories, you need to check out Taste of Georgetown. Join Chef Justin Cournoyer of Toronto’s Actinolite Restaurant and other local chefs on the south shore of Eastern PEI for a scrumptious 5-course sit down feast that showcases fresh, local ingredients and delivers rich, decadent flavours.
20. Stanley Bridge Ceilidh – Stanley Bridge until September 30th, 2019
Stanley Bridge Ceilidh is a long-running Ceilidh and is an extremely popular event. The evening is full of live fiddle music, dances, and fun for all ages. The doors open at 7:30 pm on Thursdays.
21. Toe Taps & Taters – Canoe Cove on September 6th, 2019
PEI is known for the potatoes that are grown there, and they get the royal treatment at Toe Taps & Taters. See how potatoes go from the field to the table with Chef Michael Smith and Alex Docherty, a local potato farmer. The three-course homestyle sit-down feast starring PEI potatoes and beef is served at Alex’s 25-million pound packing warehouse.
22. The Barachois Hooked Cushion Collection – Charlottetown from September 10th to 14th, 2019
Over 240 cushions covered in hooked-rug artistry will be on display on the pews of the Kirk of St. James Presbyterian Church. The colourful cushions come from across North America, the UK, and the UA Emirates.
23. Stories in Stitches IV – Charlottetown from September 10th to 14th, 2019
Storytelling in quilts has been a long practice method of preserving stories. Gorgeous antique, traditional and contemporary pieces will be on display at St. Paul’s Church this September.
24. Eastern Kings Exhibition – Souris on September 13th to 15th, 2019
The Eastern Kings Exhibition is the oldest exhibition on PEI and has been taking place for 179 years. It is a weekend that is not to be missed because it has lots of events that will highlight farming and fishing in the Souris community.
25. Ceilidh at the Irish Hall – Charlottetown until October 18th, 2019
Ceilidh at the Irish Hall presents the best in Scottish, Irish, and PEI Traditional Music. Ceilidhs at the Irish hall have been happening for over 30 years. You can check out the lineup online to see who the guest performers will be this year.
You may like:
26. Oysters on the Pier – Northport on September 7th, 2019
Oysters are the best when there is salty air. Join Chef Corbin and local oysters’ growers at Oysters on the Pier to learn how to shuck, and enjoy fresh oysters at the food stations.
27. Lobster Party on the Beach – West Point on September 8th, 2019
Get ready of sand in your toes and great live music when going to the Lobster Party on the Beach. Chef Mark McEwan is preparing the meal. The Cedar Dune Provincial Park is a picture-perfect backdrop.
28. Harvest Soupfest/Fall Halls – Indian River on September 8th, 2019
Harvest Soupfest/Fall Halls is an afternoon filled with wonderful music and delectable homemade soups. With your ticket, you get to sample the four different homemade soups made by local restaurants, while listening to live music.
29. Winsloe United Church Ceilidh – Winsloe South
The Winsloe United Church Ceilidh will feature the music of the house band, which features Judy Lowe, Johnny Gallant, Heartz Godkin, and Brian Knox. There will be a light meal will be served during each show.
30. Fascinating Ladies: A ‘Young at Heart Theatre’ Production – Victoria on September 11th – 15th, 2019
Fascinating Ladies: A Young at Heart was written and directed by Catherine O’Brien. The show is a tribute to the great girl groups of the last century, such as The Andrews Sisters, The Chordettes, and other legendary female ensembles. The music will take you from the 1920s to the 1970s.
31. Feast and Frolic – Charlottetown on September 19th, 2019 from 6 pm – 10 pm
At Feast and Frolic, there will be lots of fresh PEI lobsters, mussels, oysters, prime Island beef, and an award-winning potato chowder. It is not to be missed event, especially if you love shellfish. This event kicks off the PEI International Shellfish Festival.
32. Anne of Green Gables – The Musical – Charlottetown until September 28th, 2019
Anne of Green Gables – The Musical is the iconic story of Anne of Green Gables, the red-haired orphan who was just looking to ‘belong’ somewhere. It is now in its 54th season and is a Guinness Record setter. It is a ‘must see’ show for visitors to PEI.
33. An Exclusive Evening at Red Shores With Chef Ned Bell – Charlottetown on September 11th, 2019 at 6 pm
It is going to be an evening with endless indulgence, including a five-course dinner and wine pairing to showcase the Island best from land and sea. Enjoy dinner overlooking the historic Charlottetown Driving Park.
34. Beef n’ Blues – Summerside on September 13th, 2019 at 6 pm
Learn why foodies and chefs across Canada go wild over Certified PEI Beef at Beef n’ Blues. Chef Michael Smith will create a ‘tour de beef’, which features 10 beefed-up roving stations that serve outstanding dishes that showcase Island beef. The Mellotones, an 8-piece band that’s toured the world, will be playing all evening.
35. Canada International Tuna Cup Challenge – North Lake on September 18th to 21st, 2019
Compete against anglers from around the world in the ultimate sport fishing catch and release competition. Spend a day on the boat during the Canada International Tuna Cup Challenge.
36. Kellys Cross Ceilidhs – Kellys Cross until December 15th , 2019
Spend an entertaining evening at the Kellys Cross Community Centre for the monthly Kellys Cross Ceilidhs. Local musicians will take the stage to entertain you during the ceilidhs.
37. Taste of Tyne Valley – Tyne Valley on September 12th, 2019 at 6 pm
Chef Charlotte Langley celebrates the unique merroir of Tyne Valley, along with chefs from several other restaurants, with tasty twists on local dishes and ingredients in delicious, flavourful culinary creations. The Taste of Tyne Valley is held under a tent with tasting stations and a sit down dinner with live entertainment.
38. Savour Victoria – Victoria on September 21st, 2019 from 6 pm – 10 pm
Discover one of PEI’s prettiest villages, and enjoy a meal cooked by Chuck Hughes made with freshly picked local produce. Walk around and sample dishes, and enjoy a four-course dinner at Savour Victoria.
39. PEI Beer Festival – Charlottetown on September 27th – 28th, 2019
PEI Beer Festival is a part of the Fall Flavours Festival and is a celebration of the fine art of craft beer brewing. There will be samples of a variety of beer, and local live music that everyone will enjoy.
View this post on Instagram
Nice view for some beer sampling! Last evening at the #peibeerfestival on the #Charlottetown waterfront. Mmmmm, #beer. #PEI #Canada #truePEI #ExplorePEI #igs_can #icu_canada #canada_photolovers #beerstagram #DeltaPEI #peiconventioncentre #marina #waterfront #harbour #boats #W_C1 #ExploreCanada #loves_canada #pocket_canada #beerfest2015 #beerfest #beerlover #beertography #cheers
40. The Great Island Grilled Cheese Challenge – Charlottetown on September 15th, 2019 at 12 pm
It is going to a cheesy afternoon as top local chefs compete to win the title of Island Grilled Cheese Champion. Sample each grilled cheese and vote for your favorite. You will also get to met local cheese makers and sample their products.
41. Charlottetown Beer Run – Charlottetown on September 15th, 2019 at 11 am
Awesome breweries have gathered together for the beer. Run from brewery to brewery and stop at each for 20 minutes to enjoy some brews. Participants start every 30 minutes.
42. 70 Mile Coastal Yard Sale – Wood Islands on September 21st – 22nd, 2019
Hundreds of vendors come from across PEI for the 70 Mile Coastal Yard Sale. There will be everything from collectibles, antiques, kitchen sinks and much more. You never know what treasures you will find at the 70 Mile Coastal Yard Sale.
43. Chuck and Friends – New London on September 22nd, 2019
Chef Chuck Hughes is cooking up a meal for 50 new friends and you are invited. It is going to be a fun evening packed with great food and lively music.
44. Ultimate Chefs Dinner With Todd Perrin – Oyster Bed Bridge with September 26th, 2019
Chef Todd Perrin and Chef Kyle Panton have been cooking up a delectable five-course feast that showcases the best of PEI. Each dish is served with a great wine pairing. It is going to be an enchanting evening of amazing food, fine wine, and great company.
45. Taste of North Rustico – North Rustico on September 27th, 2019 at 6 pm
Join the kitchen party at the Taste of North Rustico, where lobsters and other sea fare perfectly pair with traditional party music. Talented local chefs will prepare an amazing menu to celebrate the local seafood and freshly harvested produce.
46. The Great PEI Bake Off – Hunter River on September 28th, 2019 at 7:30 pm
Four talented chefs have been working on their baking skills and are going to compete to see who is the best chef on PEI. Who will create the best PEI potato themed cake? They also are making their best mussel dish and homemade bread for you to vote on.
47. Play in Clay – Island Stonewater, Summerside on September 2nd, 2019 from 10 am – 12 pm
Make and decorate your own pottery from a slab of clay. Learn the basics of pottery in just 2 hours, and no past knowledge is necessary. Your finished piece will be ready to take home after two weeks.
48. PEI Dog Expo 2019 – Silver Fox Entertainment Centre, Summerside on September 21, 2019 from 10 am – 4 pm
If you love dogs, then this is an event that you ‘must’ attend. Watch the canine sporting events, meet a variety of dog breeds, and be sure to check out the vendor booths to find the latest and greatest gear for your doggy friends.
49. Mariner’s Cove Miniature Golf – Cavendish
Spend some time with the family playing mini-golf at the Mariner’s Cove Miniature Golf. The 18-hole golf course was professionally designed to be fun for all ages. Ripley’s Believe It or Not! and the Wax World of the Stars are adjacent to the golf course.
You may like:
50. Burlington Adrenaline Park
The Burlington Adrenaline Park is home to three amazing go-cart tracks, which makes it the largest go-cart facility in PEI. If you feel the need to slow down, there are bumper cars and bumper boats, along with the mini-golf and much more to keep you and your family busy.
View this post on Instagram
Summer might be coming to an end, but we are open until the end of September!! Regular hours until September 1- 10:00-10:00 September 2, 3 and 4- 10:00-6:00 Saturday’s & Sunday’s until September 29- 12:00-6:00. We’ll also still be offering group bookings during the month of September. Contact us for more information: email@example.com