Alberta has announced 5 more COVID-19 related deaths taking the provincial total of fatalities to 8. 29 new positive COVID-19 cases were also reported. Currently, there are 690 cases in Alberta.
A total of 46,057 tests were conducted as of March 30.
Snapshot of Alberta COVID-19 Cases
- 422 cases and 4 deaths in the Calgary zone
- 164 cases and 3 deaths in the Edmonton zone
- 46 cases in the Central zone
- 12 cases in the South zone
- 45 cases and 1 death in the North zone
- 1 case unknown.
- Of these cases, there are currently 28 people in hospital, with 11 admitted to intensive care units (ICU).
- In total, there have been 47 hospitalizations, with 17 admissions to ICUs.
- Sixty-five of the 690 cases are suspected of being community acquired.
- There are now a total of 94 confirmed recovered cases.
- Two people from the McKenzie Towne Long Term Care have passed away. Forty-one people are confirmed to have tested positive for the virus at the facility – 36 are residents and five are staff.
- The person who tested positive at Edmonton’s Rosedale on the Park facility has also died.
- The Edmonton zone recently reported an outbreak at Shepherd’s Care Kensington. The number of cases remains at four in that facility.