Alberta reported seventy-nine more cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases in the province to 621. To date, a total of 42,527 tests were conducted in Alberta. Yesterday, Alberta announced that people are prohibited from attending gatherings of more than 15, and all non-essential businesses were ordered closed.
Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 378 cases in the Calgary zone
- 139 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 48 cases in the Central zone
- 43 cases in the North zone
- 12 cases in the South zone
- One case is in a zone which is yet to be confirmed
- 38 hospitalizations, with 12 admitted to intensive care units (ICU).
- 2 deaths have been reported.
- Up to 54 of the 621 cases may be due to community transmission.
To date, 20 cases have been identified in staff and residents of continuing care facilities, including 15 in McKenzie Towne Long Term Care, one case in Rosedale on the Park and four at Shepherd’s Care Kensington Village (unchanged from yesterday).
There are now a total of 53 confirmed recovered cases.