Alberta has announced the details on how to register for $100 debit card.
The province on Sept. 3rd announced a one-time incentive of $100 to all Albertans age 18 or older who receive a first or second dose of COVID-19 vaccine between Sept. 3 and Oct. 14.
What is it?
This one-time incentive of one (1) $100 prefilled debit card is for all Albertans age 18 or older who receive either a first or second dose of vaccine between Sept. 3 and Oct. 14. No person will receive more than one (1) $100 prefilled debit card.
Who is eligible?
The $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program is open to all 18+ Alberta residents who register to receive an incentive reward and meet the eligibility criteria of the program. An 18+ Albertan must have received COVID-19 vaccine in Alberta between September 3, 2021 and October 14, 2021.
The following persons are ineligible to receive an incentive reward:
- Members of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta and members of their households
- Political staff members appointed pursuant to the Premier’s and Ministers’ Staff Employment Order (OC341-2020) and members of their households
- Employees of the Alberta Public Service who are directly involved in design or administration of the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program, and members of their households
- Contractors, subcontractors, or employees of contractors or subcontractors who are directly involved in design or administration of the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program, and members of their households
How to register?
Step 1: Get vaccinated between Sept. 3 and Oct. 14.
For those who register for the card:
- A registrant must have received their first or second vaccine dose at a vaccine provider located in Alberta. Vaccine providers in Alberta also include those who provide vaccines to registrants on a First Nations reserve, Metis Settlement, and locations or institutions under the administration or control of the Government of Canada.
- Registrants must complete the registration form using the name, gender, and date of birth on their Government of Alberta-issued Alberta Personal Health Card.
- A registrant must enter the date, between September 3, 2021 and October 14, 2021, on which they received their first or second dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
- No registrant will receive more than one (1) $100 prefilled debit card.
Once registered, Alberta Health will validate all registrations against provincial immunization data.
Then, CIBC will distribute the debit cards on behalf of the Government of Alberta.
The first 15,000 Albertans will receive their debit cards in October.
Debit cards for additional eligible registrants will be delivered in November and December.
Albertans who do not have access to a computer or a mobile device can phone 310-0000 for assistance.