The Manitoba government says it is easing some of its COVID-19 restrictions beginning Jan. 23 in all areas except the northern health region.
Previous restrictions in the orders will remain, with the following changes in effect for the Winnipeg (except for Churchill), Southern Health–Santé Sud, Interlake–Eastern and Prairie Mountain Health regions:
- Household limits:
– two designated people (family or friends) to visit a household under a new ‘rule of two’;
– outdoor visits of up to five people only plus members of a household on an outdoor private property; and
– funerals to have up to 10 people in addition to the officiant under clear COVID-19 protection protocols.
- Retail operations: All stores to open for the sale of products provided they maintain physical distancing and occupancy limits of 25 per cent only or a maximum of 250 people, whichever is lower.
- Health and personal services:
– non-regulated health services, such as pedorthists and reflexologists, to reopen with adequate physical distancing and requirements to collect information for contact tracing purposes; and
– barber shops and hair stylists to reopen at 25 per cent capacity with adequate physical distancing and requirements to collect information for contact tracing purposes.