It may not be a white christmas this year, but there are still plenty to do outdoors and indoors this Christmas and Boxing Day (December 25 and 26) in Hamilton.
1. Go winter walking
Enjoy a refreshing walk! Try one of the many trails in the City. You can also head to Hamilton Conservation Areas. The areas will be open on Boxing day (but will be closed on Dec 25th). Gage Park is a beautiful place to visit any time of the year.
The adventurous can try trekking to one of the many waterfalls in the City! Waterfalls are beautiful in the summer, but the frozen versions are even more so! Do exercise caution!!!
2. Admire Christmas lights
See individual houses that is decorated to the hilt or visit downtown to see the Christmas displays.
Want more? Check out these spectacularly lit places in Ontario.
3. Do a Christmas Bird Count
The 99th Hamilton Christmas Bird Count will be held on December 26, 2019. Count compiler Rob Porter wrote a detailed account of the history of this venerable Count in “The Hamilton Naturalists’ Club – 1919-2019 – A Centennial Celebration in Stories and Pictures”.
Don’t want to join? You can always visit any of the birding areas and see how many birds you can find!
4. Run a few miles
5. See a Movie
Cineplex and Landmark cinemas
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker — Release Date: December 19, 2019
- Cats — Release Date: December 20, 2019
- Spies In Disguise — Release Date: December 25, 2019
- Little Women — Release Date: December 25, 2019
6. Christmas Brunch/Dinner
- Christmas Day Dinner Buffet on December 25, 2019 | 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM @ Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
- Boxing Day Brunch Buffet on December 26, 2019 | 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM @ The Vicars Vice
- Ancaster Mill on December 25, 2019 | 2:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Festive Christmas Buffet at The Casablanca Hotel on December 25, 2019 | 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- All OpenTable Listings
7. Other Events
- 31st Art in the Workplace on until February 25, 2020 @ McMaster Innovation Park
- Christmas Day Party @ The Pheasant Plucker on December 25 from 9 pm to 2 am.
- A Tribute to Tool, Epic Holiday Edition at Casbah on December 26, 2019 | 8:00 PM
- “Hills and Valleys” Boxing Day Show at The Lionshead Pub on December 26, 2019 | 3:00 PM
- Boxing Day Bash with Jo Jo Gun & The Bullets on December 26, 2019 | 10:00 PM @ The Powerhouse
- Christmas Flow & Release on December 25, 2019 | 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM @ StudioSuru
- Sizzle Boxing Day Party on December 26, 2019 | 10:30 PM
- Fit For Life Fitness class on December 25, 2019 | 4:50 PM – 5:50 PM @ Melrose United Church
8. Plan a trip to a nearby Provincial Park
9. Take a Twirl on the Ice