Western Canada’s largest Winter Festival
Every winter since 1970, Saint-Boniface, Winnipeg’s French quarter, is transformed into a winter paradise and becomes host to the largest winter festival in Western Canada. Voyageur, Métis and First Nations histories are brought back to life, not only through the historical interpretation offered inside reconstructed Fort Gibraltar, but also through the many attractions inside Voyageur Park and at the festival’s various official sites. Music of old, traditional cuisine, sensational snow sculptures and captivating shows are but a few examples of the entertainment you can expect to witness during this convivial gathering. Offering a vast array of historical, recreational and educational activities, Festival du Voyageur has something for all tastes and all ages!
The 2021 edition will feature:
- A series of virtual concerts and events presented by Caisse Financial Group and Bell MTS
- French–Canadian meal kits that you can take home and enjoy with a virtual show
- Virtual versions of classic Festival du Voyageur contests like the Beard Growing Contest, Pea Soup Competition, Fiddling Contest and the Jigging Contest
- A series of educational vignettes on Métis culture in partnership with the Union nationalemétisse Saint-Joseph du Manitoba
- A series of instructional videos showing Manitobans “How to Festival fromHome”
- A modified Canada Life School Program that brings fur trade and Indigenous histories into schools with pre-made craft kits, virtual presentations from Fort Gibraltar and free educational activities for teachers and parents
If public health orders allow it at the time, the festival will also feature an emphasis on distanced, cohorted and one-directional outdoor activities with visual art installations, snow, ice and wooden sculptures, and historical interpretation presented by Université de Saint-Boniface at a much-reduced capacity.We also hope to present a safe, distanced evening experience for adults titled the Liquor Mart Labyrinth.
In planning the 2021 edition, Festival du Voyageur is keeping public health guidelines and the health and well-being of festivalgoers, artists and team members at the forefront. As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, so will the plans for Festival du Voyageur.
2021 Virtual concert schedule
Rayannah, Marie-Pierre Arthur, Kelly Bado | February 12 | 8:00 PM
Small Glories, Ariel Posen, Red Moon Road | February 13 | 8:00 PM
Andrina Turenne, Gen & Tonic, FOWLER, Dr. Henry Band, Sala | February 14 | 8:00 PM
Ivan Flett Memorial Dancers, Lisa Muswagon, Tia Wood, Alexandre Tétrault, Bighetty Brothers, Zoey Roy, Twin Flames, Celeigh Cardinal | February 15 | 1:00 PM
Bingo Hého avec Johanne | February 18 | 8:00 PM
Allydice, Bold as Lions, Breagh Isabel, Elijah Bekk, Maya Malkin, Faouzia| February 19 | 8:00 PM
Fiddling and Jigging Contests | February 20 | 1:00 PM
Burnstick, Master and Mistress of the Jig, Nikki Komaksiutiksak, Xhalida September, Super Duty Tough Work, respectfulchild, Mattmac, Sebastian Gaskin | February 20 | 8:00 PM
Justin Lacroix Kitchen Party, Ça Claque | February 21 | 1:00 PM
Who is it for?
Tickets : Virtual concerts are Free to watch
2021 rates TBA
2020 – 10-6 Pass Senior (60+)/Teen (13-17) $25, Adult (18+) $40
The 10-6 pass gives you unlimited access to Voyageur Park from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekends including Louis Riel Day. The pass is valid on the following days:
- Saturday February 15th 2020
- Sunday February 16th 2020
- Monday February 17th 2020 (Louis Riel Day)
- Saturday February 22nd 2020
- Sunday February 23rd 2020
After 6 p.m., those with the 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. pass can stay in the park but will not be admitted into concert tents.
Voyageur Pass: Child (6-12) $10, Senior (60+)/Teen (13-17) $50, Adult (18+) $75
The Voyageur Pass gives you access to the festival grounds any time during our public hours. To ensure every festivalgoer has a good experience, there is only a limited amount of Voyageur Passes available..
Single Day tickets – $5 – $25
Single-day tickets give you access to the festival grounds for the full day indicated on the ticket.
How to get tickets?
- Festival du Voyageur offices (233, Provencher blvd);
- At the park (upon availability).
An electronic ticket is sent by email after purchase. The electronic ticket can be printed or scanned from your phone.
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: February 12 – 21, 2021
Evening concerts on February 12, 13, 14, 18,19 and 20, and day-time concerts on Louis Riel Day, and February 21.
More to do