As Manitoba moves to the Critical level (red) in the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, many activities and attractions are closed. However, you can still enjoy few outdoor
Here is a list of activities to enjoy in the Winnipeg Area.
For online & drive-in/in-person and virtual events, see things to do this weekend in Winnipeg.
1. Manitoba Provincial Parks
Provincial Parks in Manitoba are great choices to spend a day or weekend with your family. See wildlife, have a picnic, or explore new terrains. There are many activities or adventures to enjoy every day at our Provincial Parks.
2. Enjoy Nature Parks & Areas
Winnipeg is a region blessed with lots of green spaces to enjoy.
- Assiniboine Park – There are lots of open spaces for you to enjoy at Winnipeg’s largest park. Spend your day outside enjoying the beauty of the English Garden, Leo Mol Sculpture Garden, as well as the park greenspaces. Bring a picnic or head to the Park Café to try their take-out menu. Enjoy burgers, wraps, salads, treats, hot chocolate, and more.
- Living Prairie Museum – Located inside the city limits is 13 hectares of tallgrass prairie, the remnants of a once-vast ecosystem. This region is home to many different plant species and prairie wildlife. Use the self-guided trail map to enjoy a short walk to know more about this ecosystem.
- Oak Hammock Marsh – Over 30 kms of well-marked trails at this restored prairie Marsh is open to the public. Choose from gravel paths, boardwalk, grass trails, or earth trails to navigate.
- All Winnipeg Area Parks are open. Order a picnic basket from your favourite restaurant and enjoy a picnic in the park!
Be mindful of health orders and reduce social contact with members outside your household.
3. Explore the City
There are a number of free self-guided tours that you can do within Winnipeg. Why not check them out?
4. Go Hiking
Hiking and cycling are activities you can safely enjoy outside during this time. Winnipeg has many trails that will help you to get outside and enjoy nature. With so many trails to explore, varying in length and difficulty, getting out and exploring the changing seasons will be enjoyable.
5. Enjoy a Quarantine Concert
There are many concerts live-streamed every day. Check them out.
6. Enjoy Live Theatre from around the World
7. Explore Canada or the World From Home
Explore Canada’s arctic, Winnipeg, National Parks, and many more places from Home. Travel to international or outer space destinations like the international space station, discover Egypt’s Heritage Sites from tombs to monasteries or take a trip on scenic trains in Europe virtually.
8. Explore Manitoba