A list of 10 family fun things to do for thanksgiving weekend in Toronto including Thanksgiving dinner/brunch, Harvest festivals, fall fairs, weekend trip ideas and more!
For all other events like concerts, exhibitions, sports and nightlife, see Things to Do this Weekend.
You may like
- Santa Claus Parades, Christmas Lights & Christmas Fireworks in Toronto & GTA
- Christmas Theatre & Holiday Events in GTA
1. Harvest Festival @ Springridge Farm on every weekend (including Thanksgiving Monday) from Saturday, September 22 – Sunday, October 28, 2018 | 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM
2. Fall Fun Festival @ Brooks Farms, Mount Albert
3. October Harvestfest @ Forsythe Family Farms, Uxbridge
4. Pumpkin Festivals @ Downsview Park & Richmond Hill
5. Kidapalooza Fall Festival @ Markham Fairgrounds
Apple Picking / Apple Pie Trail
Get lost this weekend amongst the giant stalks of Corn.
Create warm, festive memories of Thanksgiving and enjoy delicious traditional Thanksgiving meal.
Enjoy Thanksgiving themed tours, sample some historic ale and take a horse-drawn wagon ride through the Village (extra chanrge for beer samples and wagon rides). October 6 to 8, 2018 Details
2. Thanksgiving Cruise @ Mariposa Cruises on Sunday October 7th 2018
3. Thanksgiving Dinner/Brunch/Lunch at Toronto/ GTA Restaurants – Open Table.
4. Thanksgiving Brunch at Casa Loma
Fall Colour Tours
See mother nature’s incredible art exhibition and see gorgeous hues of red, orange, and yellow by going on a fall colour tour.
1. Enjoy the Fall colours at your favourite Ontario Parks.
3. Visit Halton Conservation Parks and join for Fall into Nature celebrations.. Halton Parks are absolutely gorgeous in fall and a great day trip destination during fall.
4. Go on a circle tour of Lake Simcoe or Rice Lake. Chart your route using a map, drive around the Lake for a nice fall foliage road trip. Or what about a road trip, from Toronto to Manitoulin Island and Sudbury.
5. Fall Colours Celebration @ Kortright Centre for Conservation
Oktoberfest – Kitchener Waterloo
Plan a weekend getaway to Kitchener/Waterloo and enjoy Canada’s largest Bavarian festival. October 5 – 13, 2018 – Details
Join more than 150,000 Fest-goers as they line Weber Street on Thanksgiving morning, eagerly awaiting the colourful floats, clowns and award winning marching bands from Canada and the United States. Start time: 8:45 AM on Thanksgiving Monday.
See Salmon Run
Early September to November when temperatures are between 3°C to 10°C is the time to see Pacific Salmon (Coho, Chinook) migrating upstream from Ontario’s Great Lakes to lay their eggs in the shallows before winter settles in. Details
Have old fashioned fun and see agricultural displays, craft exhibits, food vendors, talent competitions, midway rides, free grandstand entertainment during fall fairs happening in and around GTA.
1. Woodbridge Fall Fair
October 6 – 8, 2018 @ Woodbridge Fairgrounds, 100 Porter Avenue, Vaughan Details
2. Norfolk County Fair & Horse Show
October 2 – 8, 2018 @ Norfolk County Fairgrounds, 172 South Drive, Simcoe Details
Go on a Waterfall Hike
There are plenty of waterfalls near Toronto and Autumn is a fantastic time for a waterfall tripping, when leaves are bathed in hues of yellow!
Get a head start on Halloween
Round up little ghouls and goblins and visit Canada’s Wonderland on weekend for Halloween-themed activities in Camp Spooky. Join the Costume Parade and march through Planet Snoopy for all to see or create a spooky pumpkin.