Things to do in Calgary with Toddlers : A list of fun activities to do with preschoolers in Calgary, Alberta.
Things to Do at Calgary Attractions
Indoor Amusement Centres & Indoor Activities
I. Toddler Activities at Calgary Attractions
1. Calgary Zoo: Calgary Zoo offers hours of adventure and fun for you and your big bundle of joy. Delight in your toddler’s squeal of joy when fluttering butterflies land on your child or laugh with your child at the antics of the baby gorilla.
2. Inglewood Bird Sanctuary Calgary: Visit this bird sanctuary in the middle of the city, enjoy the chirping of birds and see over 270 species of birds.
3. Butterfield Acres Calgary: Enjoy a gorgeous day out at the farm that has plenty of activities for your toddler from petting farm to seeing newborn farm animals to having a fun time going on a tractor ride.
4. Corn Mazes: Corn Mazes in and around Calgary are not just about having fun getting lost. From jumping pillows to petting zoos and other farm fun activities, there are plenty of delightful activities to tryout at the corn maze.
5. The Military Museums Calgary: A military museum may not be the first thing that comes to your mind when you plan a day out with a preschooler. But The Military Museums Calgary has lots of real tanks and fighter planes that your child would love climbing on.
6. Telus Spark: Visit the Creative Kids Museum at Telus Spark and have a great day out exploring the sensory-rich activities from crawling tracks to giant climbing structures.
7. Spruce Meadows: Tour the stables of Spruce Meadows and see the horses at the barns or free jumping of horses (December & January). Spruce Meadows also hosts internationally renowned tournament with plenty of family fun activities and shows.
8. Bow Habitat Station: Your toddler can feed the fish and crawl amongst replicas of Alberta’s wild animals or chase the ducks at the extensive grounds at this budget friendly family attraction in Calgary.
9. Iron Horse Park: What toddler wouldn’t like to go riding in a miniature train ride? Visit Iron Horse Parkin Airdrie and go on a chuga-chuga choo choo ride over the landscape that represent the prairies to the coast.
II. Outdoor Toddler Activities
1. Explore Nature: A simply free activity like a day out in the park, opens up a world of wonder for your little one. Point to the the leafs turning colour, listen to the chirping of crickets, and birds, see squirrels chasing nuts, hunt for different shaped rocks or go on a bug hunt as you explore Calgary’s Parks.
2. Calgary Parks Play Grounds: There are quite a few accessible play structures with various kinds of swings, bouncers and low slides, at Calgary’s Parks for your toddler to enjoy. See here for a listof great playgrounds.
3. Outdoor Spray Parks, Wading Pools and a Day at the beach.
Beat the heat and enjoy the summer by visiting one of our many wading pools, spray parks and outdoor pools around the city.
4. Tobogganing in Winter:
Enjoy a sunny winter’s day at Calgary’s tobogganing hills.
III. Indoor Playgrounds & Activities for Toddlers
1. Southland Leisure Centre and Village Square Leisure Centre:
In addition to having great Playschool & Preschool programs, the leisure centres have water parks with a wave pool, slides, splash zone, and gym for preschoolers. The leisure centres are two of the best indoor recreational facilities in Calgary.
2. ROAR Play Park @ In Southcentre Mall
Built in partnership with the Calgary Zoo, animal-themed indoor playground, has plenty of interactive zones and climb-on animal shaped structures to keep your toddler occupied. Cost: Free
3. Tree House Calgary
Let your toddler explore play structures and other fun activities spread over 12,000 square feet.
4. Joso’s Play and Learn Centre
Geared towards little kids, Joso’s Indoor Playground has lots of fun activities for children. They also host special shows like magic shows, reptile presentations to keep little ones engaged. Details
Have family fun at the indoor playground and family entertainment center that features play structures, Toddler Areas, roller race and more!
6. Fun ‘N More
Let your toddler climb, roll, and slide at this great indoor play area in Calgary.
7. Hop Sip & Jump
With a two story climbing structure, interactive floor & disco lights, toddler area & playroom, there’s always something fun for the kids at Hop, Sip & Jump! Details
With plenty of bouncy castles, crawling tunnels, play structures, and baby areas with play mats, Play-A-Latte is sure keep your toddler busy as you enjoy a Latte, at this indoor playground located at Midpark Boulevard.
9. Monkey Around @ Market Mall: 1,800 square foot supervised playground provides a fun time for your toddler as you take a rest from shopping! Playground Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:30am-8pm Sat. 9:30am-7pm Sun./Holidays 11am-5pm
10. Calgary Public Library: offers plenty of free activities for toddlers and preschoolers – from story times to puppet shows. Details.
11. Calgary Recreation: Calgary Recreation offers parent and tot swim programs, parent and child fitness classes, various art programs for preschoolers. See herefor details.
12. Bach Tots: Attend a Bach Totsperformance by Soul Centric Performing Arts. Bach Tots performances are choreographed specifically for young children ages 0-6 and introduces them to classical and contemporary dance, visual storytelling, music and the performing arts through short live performances.
13. Art Baby Tours: Take your baby to the Glenbow museum for a relaxed, infant-friendly one-hour tour of current exhibition. A great activity for the parent. The tour is offered during select days in an year.