Celebrate Valentine’s day in Calgary: A list of event and activities to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Calgary.
Whether you are looking for cheap or free date ideas, romantic valentine’s dinner for two, wine tasting, live concerts to attend you will find something in this list.
Valentine’s Day Dinner
Wine, dine and enjoy a romantic dinner with your Valentine with options from some great Calgary restaurants for an at-home dining experience. Here is a list of 25 places offering Valentine’s Day dinner at home.
If you are looking for vegetarian or vegan options, check out these restaurants.
Valentine’s Day Gifts
If you are looking for fabulous valentine’s day gifts, here is a list of some Calgary shops where you will be able to find the perfect gift for that extra special person in your life.
From bouquets to candles, and plants, you will find something to impress your date from this list.
Valentine’s Day Staycation Packages
Your romantic getaway is waiting- right in your backyard. This Valentine’s Day, why not enjoy a romantic staycation at one of Calgary’s hotels and resorts.
- Hotel Arts — Valentine’s Date Night: This luxury hotel in the centre of downtown Calgary will spoil you and your partner this Valentine’s Day with upscale accommodations. While you bask in this at home escape, enjoy a gourmet dinner for two and a bottle of wine from the comfort of your room.
- Fairmont Palliser — Luxe in Love: Swoon over your stay in a spacious suite at the downtown Calgary Fairmont Palliser. This special for two includes fondue, charcuterie, canapes, and sparkling wine. You can also enjoy your room and accommodations a bit later with this package.
- Ramada Plaza Downtown —
Romance Package: Your romantic stay at the Calgary Ramada can be in their Standard, Executive, or Jacuzzi rooms. During your overnight stay, pamper yourself with chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling wine, and a hot buffet breakfast the following morning. Available year-round.
- Hotel Blackfoot — Romance Package: Spice up your Valentine’s Day weekend in 2021 with a Romance Package at Calgary’s Blackfoot Inn. In your room you will find sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries, and a $50 gift card good for your Valentine’s dinner from any on-site restaurants.
- Grey Eagle Resort & Casino — Date Night Package: Indulge in a one-night stay at Grey Eagle accompanied with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne! This large resort is located right in the foothills, so you can take the day after to explore the beautiful parks and views nearby. Package available year-round.
- Azuridge Estate Hotel – Priddis — Couples Escape: Enjoy the comfortable and cozy couple’s getaway in Azuridge Estates that includes a lot more than just a stay in a beautiful room. This package includes dinner, a hydrotherapy experience, breakfast for two, and the option to add on a couple’s massage.
Get your sleuthing skills sharpened and prepare to become a Secret Agent, solving a top secret mission.
So grab your valentine and your computer, laptop or tablet and prepare to escape…virtually! The game will be open for play on Sunday, February 14 making it the perfect socially-distanced Valentine’s Day date.
Sunday, February 14 – play the game anytime between 12:00pm and 11:59pm.
Online in support of Calgary Public Library
Valentine’s Day Virtual Brewmaster’s Dinner
Join for a four-course Virtual Brewmaster’s Dinner!
All you need is love (and a chef-created meal) this Valentine’s Day. Order your Brewmaster’s Dinner and join via Zoom on Feb. 14th for a virtual dinner and drink experience.
Sunday, February 14, 2021, 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM
Craft Beer Markets Calgary
A Grate Pairing – Valentines Day Cheese/Beer Tasting Event
This Valentine’s Day – Sunday, February 14, 2021 – Inner City Brewing doing a virtual beer tasting with Springbank Cheese in Marda Loop. Order your beer pairing and you’ll get:
· A four pack of beers (Bridgelandia Hoppy Blonde Ale, Colour the City Kettle Sour, Bronze-medal winning Community Garden Saison and On the Stoop Munich Dunkel (new canned beer))
· A cheese tasting pack of cheeses (labelled) and crackers from the great beer-loving folks at Springbank Cheese (Marda Loop)
Sunday, February 14, 2021 | 3:00 PM
Inner City Brewing, 820 11 Ave SW, Calgary
All for $40. Delivery included.
Bryan Adams Tribute Reckless
Enjoy a Byran Adams Tribute concert by RECKLESS.
This Safe Concert is Approved by Alberta Health Services with Covid-Safe Measures in place. Pre-buy Dinner packages are available for contactless in-room/Balcony Dining.
2 Course Meal for 2 people – Includes a Bottle of Wine – $60 for 2 People
February 12 & 13, 2021 | 7:00 PM
Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary South – Atrium Commons Event Centre
Starting at $50 per person Includes Hotel & Concert
Experience open, outdoor winter fun at Chinook Blast–Calgary’s midwinter round up.
Venture outside, bring your valentine and enjoy the vibrancy of our city this winter. You’re not afraid of a little cold, are you?
February 11 – 28, 2021
ART at the Landing
Explore ART at the Landing, a brand new interim fine art gallery in Calgary’s southwest, featuring original paintings by local artists Brenda Banda Johnson, Holly Burghardt and Terri Heinrichs. Details
Through March 31, 2021
Glenmore Landing (across from Safeway), 147C – 1600 90th Avenue SW, Calgary
Show Your Love
Valentine’s Day Dinner at Romantic Restaurants
Alberta govt. has announced that restaurants may reopen for in-person dining starting Feb 8th.
— OpenTable 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in Canada in 2020 according to OpenTable diners; Calgary area restaurants in the list 2020 (click on the restaurant name to reserve a table)
- Alloy – Calgary
- The Bison Restaurant – Banff
- Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant – Calgary
- Bridgette Bar – Calgary
- Cardinale – Calgary
- Deane House – Calgary
- Italian Farmhouse Restaurant & Bar – Bragg Creek
- The Lake House – Calgary
- Model Milk – Calgary
- The Nash – Calgary
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Multiple Locations
- Tapas Restaurant – Canmore
- Teatro Restaurant – Calgary
- Ten Foot Henry – Calgary
- Vero Bistro Moderne – Calgary
- Vintage Chophouse & Tavern – Calgary
- Hy’s Steakhouse – Multiple Locations
— OpenTable 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in Canadain 2019 according to OpenTable diners; Calgary area restaurants in the list 2019 (click on the restaurant name to reserve a table)
- Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant – Calgary, AB
- Eden – Rimrock Resort Hotel – Banff, AB
- La Brezza Ristorante – Calgary, AB
- The Lake House – Calgary, AB
- Oceana Seafood Steakhouse & Bar – Calgary, AB
- Q Haute Cuisine (formerly La Caille) – Calgary, AB
- Rouge – Calgary, AB
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Calgary, AB
- Sky Bistro, Mountain Top Dining @ Banff Gondola – Banff, AB
- Tapas Restaurant – Canmore, AB
- Villa Firenze – Calgary, AB
Enjoy a Spa Treatment
Go for a Spa Treatment: Take a couples package that suits your budget.
- RnR Wellness Spa (Fairmont Palliser)
- Inner Balance Spa (Ste 101-424 10 St NW)
- Stillwater Spa (700 Centre Street SE, inside Hyatt)
- Riverside Spa (110 Point McKay Crescent NW)
- The Spa Ritual(106 Crowfoot Terrace NW)
More Date Ideas + Free & Cheap Valentines Date Ideas
- Checkout some Outdoor Date Ideas During Winter in Calgary
- Go skating at Prince’s Island Park Lagoon, Olympic Plaza, Bowness Park or at your favourite outdoor skate rink.
- Enjoy a walk under the moonlit sky at River walk/Bow River Pathway.
- Go on a +15 art tour.
3. Exposure Photography Festival: Exposure is an annual festival that celebrates photography, hosting thoughtfully curated exhibitions that showcase internationally renowned practitioners alongside emerging and established talent from Alberta. Checkout various creations from renowned artists.
5. Inglewood has launched its 6-week augmented reality exhibition, Northern Reflections featuring 31 local artists + 11 YYC businesses. Enjoy the exhibition.
6. Ice Walk at Grotto Creekand check out the frozen waterfall! Free to do on your own.
7. Go on a day trip to Alberta’s free tourist places near Calgary!
8. Go on a private romantic sleigh ride at Banff or Lake Louise: Sleigh Rides in Banff National Park.
9. Experience the thrill of dashing through the snow with your partner: Go for Dog sledding at Spray Lakes.
10. Visit Heritage Ranch Red Deer – They offer multiple packages that include Half hour private sleigh ride, a 5 course gourmet dinner to follow, accompanied by your choice of wine to share, and more!
12. Check out few date night ideas from this list!