As per Public Health of Canada Website, there are currently 4757 reported COVID-19 cases and 55 deaths in Canada as of March 28, 2020, 08:25 AM EDT. (This means that the data might a mixture of reported cases from March 26 and 27.)
- 184,201 people have been tested for COVID-19 in Canada which corresponds to a test rate of 4,900 per
- The percent positivity is 2.8%
- Amongst the 59% (2,811) of all cases, 36% are 40-59 years of age, 30% are those of 20-39 years of age and 25% are 60-79 years of age.
- Only 4% of the total 59% (2,811) are people ≤19 years of age.
- From the available hospitalization data ( 1,483 (35%) of all cases) – 213 have been hospitalized, including 69 in ICU. While 30% of the cases are 60 years of age and older, these cases represent the highest proportion of hospitalizations (58%) and ICU admissions (59%).
- Four hospitalizations and one admission to ICU were reported in individuals ≤ 19 years of
- 90% of newly identified cases (within the last 7 days) are related to community transmission. 65% of cases over the duration of the outbreak are related to community transmission.
Number of reported COVID-19 deaths in Canada on as of March 28, 2020, 08:25 AM EDT
Follow and keep up with the latest advisories and guidelines on Public Health Canada Website.
You may like: