From powder hound boondocking and free fishing to fireworks, beer and food fests, music festivals, and free family festivals, there are plenty of ways to celebrate family day weekend across Ontario.
- Free Fishing Weekend
- Family Day Weekend in Ontario Parks (National & Provincial)
- Things to Do During Family Day Weekend: Festivals and other events
- Family Day weekend: Ontario Resort Getaways
- Family Day Weekend in Ottawa, GTA (Toronto, York, Durham, Peel, Halton), Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo Region, and London
FREE FISHING WEEKEND
OFFE is a province-wide opportunity for Canadian residents to fish Ontario licence-free. Participants fishing without a license must fish under the Conservation fishing license limits which are set out in the current Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary. With the exception of the licensing requirement, Ontario fishing regulations, fees and limits continue to apply during license-free days.
Bring your family to the OFAH Family Ice Fishing Day at Bel Rotary Park, in Ennismore, Saturday February 15 from 10-2! Enjoy a free day of ice fishing with family and friends. All bait and equipment is provided, and every child takes home a prize. Canadian residents can fish licence-free. Then come and warm up with hot chocolate or chow down our free BBQ (12-2) at the OFAH | Mario Cortellucci Heritage Centre at 4601 Guthrie Drive in Peterborough from 10-4!
FAMILY DAY WEEKEND IN ONTARIO PARKS
- Family Day at Point Pelee National Park: The Warbler Capital of Canada is hosting special family day weekend celebration. Spend the weekend at Point Pelee National Park with your family. We’re pulling out all the stops this Family Day Weekend! There will be celebrating the Great Backyard Bird Count weekend and tallying up all our bird sightings. Join us at our campfire outside the Visitor Centre between 12 pm and 4 pm to add your sightings to our list and enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate (bring your own mug if you can) and marshmallows before heading out on a trail for a game of Pelee Bingo. Inside the Visitor Centre we’ll have a kids’ craft centre with winter bird themed crafts and a special feature film each day at 3 pm. February 14 to 17, 2020 @ Point Pelee National Park, Leamington
- WinterRouge: Bundle up for a full day of FREE, family-friendly winter activities at Rouge National Urban Park. Activities include winter birding outing in support of the Great Backyard Bird Count, Build your own pinecone bird feeder, snowshoeing, Learn-to Camp team with s’more fun near the campfire, Sampling of some authentic 18th century heritage hot chocolate, live ice carving demonstrations, Special Family Day guided walks and more! Monday, February 18th @ Rouge National Urban Park, Zoo Road Welcome Area, 1749 Meadowvale Avenue, Scarborough
- Family Day 2020 with the Friends of Sandbanks Park: Join in for the winter event that includes cross-country skiing, tobogganing and other outdoor activities set around a roaring bonfire. Inside the Maple Rest, there will be hot chocolate, and a musical jam session. February 17, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM @ Maple Rest Heritage House, Sandbanks Provincial Parks, Prince Edward County
- Winter Weekend with Friends of Killarney Park: Join the Friends of Killarney Park for the annual Winter Weekend and discover the beauty of winter in Killarney! Activities Include:- Free Stargazing with Bill Gardner- Free BBQ Lunch- Free Kids Activities- Free Guided Snowshoe Hikes- Free guest speaker presentation – Buffet Dinner at Sportsman’s Inn ($33/person) on February 15 & 16 @ Killarney Provincial Park
- Winter in the Wild: Join Ontario Parks and The Friends of Algonquin Park to celebrate winter in Algonquin Park through this family event. Indoor and outdoor events will be held at various locations throughout the Highway 60 Corridor of the park, including many at the Visitor Centre. All of the activities during the festival are free with the purchase of a Daily Vehicle Permit or Camping Permit (with the exception of food). February 15, 2020 @ Algonquin Provincial Park
- Family Day Weekend at MacGregor Point: Various events and fun activities. Outdoor skating will be available from 10am until 10pm daily – weather permitting. February 15 to 17, 2020 @ Visitor Centre Ice Pad – Cedar Lane Skating Oval, MacGregor Point Provincial Park, Port Elgin
- Family Day Weekend at Rondeau: Join us at the Visitor Centre over the Family Day weekend for some winter fun! Join us at the Visitor Centre over the Family Day weekend for some winter fun! The Visitor Centre will be open from Saturday, Feb. 15 – 17 from 10:00am to 4:00pm! Saturday 15th – 10:00am – 1:00pm – come celebrate Family Day and local Indigenous art! Meet local artists, experience traditional dancing and storytelling, enjoy a light lunch and treats, roast marshmallows around our campfire! Sunday 16th – 1:00pm – Come meet our resident Eastern Foxsnake and watch him eat his lunch!
February 15 to 17, 2020 @ Rondeau Provincial Park Visitor Centre, Morpeth (Chatham-Kent)
- Family Day Weekend at Pinery: Be sure to check out the Visitor Centre between 10AM-5PM on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday, and take in a fun nature program with your friends and family! Grab your friends and family to head out on an adventuresome scavenger hunt! Pick up your challenge sheet at the Visitor Centre. February 15 to 17, 2020 @ Pinery Provincial Park, Grand Bend
- Family Day at Bronte Creek: Visit us at our Nature Centre for live animals, hands-on activities, nature and heritage crafts and more! Other park attractions include Children’s Playbarn, farm animals, toboggan hill and trails! February 17, 2020 @ Children’s Farm and Nature Centre, Bronte Creek Provincial Park, Oakville
FAMILY DAY WEEKEND FESTIVALS
FAMILY DAY WEEKEND RESORT GETAWAYS
Hockley Valley Resort
Stay and Ski! Getaway and take time out for some quality time with the whole family! Package includes: Overnight Accommodation, Breakfast, One ski lift ticket per person. Activities included are Prince & Princess manicures & pedicures, bonfire & S’mores, cupcake decorating, “Wild Ontario” live Birds of Prey Show, dance party, family movie and more! Details
3rd Line EHS, Mono.
Experience the best of cottage country at Ontario’s All-Inclusive Resort. Our packages include accommodation, 3 delicious meals a day and tons of family winter activities: dogsledding, snowshoeing, horse-drawn wagon rides, hockey on the lake and skating on our 1.5 km skating trail. There’s even a Kids’ Club for our youngest guests. Details
4432 Fern Resort Road, Ramara
Pine Vista Resort
Enjoy 3 nights in a cottage or resort townhouse with fully equipped kitchen, 4 pc bath with whirlpool bath, TV/DVD, wood fireplace and deck with BBQ. The whole family can be enjoying our “hot tub under the stars”, indoor hot tub, games and fitness rooms, go cross country skiing, snowshoeing, skating, tobogganing, and hiking. Parents can treat themselves to a quiet, relaxing therapeutic massage With our Registered Massage Therapist. Take part in our organized recreation activities, including a horse drawn sleigh/wagon ride followed by hot chocolate and cookies, winter carnival with face painting, tobogganing, maple taffy, plus crafts, movie nights, outdoor games, campfires and more. A fun and affordable package. Details
932 Gilchrist Bay RD, Douro-Dummer.
Nottawasaga Inn Resort
The Family Day long weekend is a great time for a getaway and we’re offering our value filled Passport to Play promotion to help you make the most of it. Book a one or two night stay in a Resort Room from February 14 – 17, 2020 on the Passport to Play promotion and receive admission for up to two children to our popular pay-as-you-go kid’s programs for FREE! That’s up to $184 in value! Details
6015 Highway 89, Alliston
Bayview Wildwood Resort
Enjoy family time this winter for a Winter Resort to Fun, Family Day or March Break getaway. Discover snowshoeing, X-country skiing, tobogganing or skating on the lake. Family entertainment, outdoor winter fun & indoor recreation centre with pool. All-inclusive packages include lakeside accommodation, dinner & breakfast daily, family activities and entertainment. Details
1500 Port Stanton Pkwy, Severn Bridge.
Ph: (800) 461-0243
Blue Water Acres Resort
Situated in the heart of Muskoka, an area renowned in winter for its large annual snowfall. During winter there are multiple activities on site to choose from including skating, tubing, and snowshoeing. Snowboarding, downhill skiing, dog sledding, sleigh rides and snowmobiling are all available close by. Spend Family Day weekend with your family at Blue Water Acres. Details
1052 Rat Bay Rd, Huntsville