100 ways to be part of the Energy during sunny days in Calgary (June 21 to September 21, 2017).
- Take up Greenway150 Summer Challenge! Run, bike, walk or rollerblade 150km of the Rotary/Mattamy Greenway over the course of summer.
- Follow the brave heroine Rosalind, and her cousin Celia, as they escape the rigid rules of court life for the wilds and freedom of the Forest of Arden! Theatre Calgary’s emerging artists present Shakespeare By The Bow.
June 20 – August 27, 2017 @ Prince’s Island Park
- Enjoy live music with family and friends in beautiful parks around the city. Various dates @ Various Calgary Parks.
- Welcome summer festival season and attend Sled Island annual summer festival featuring over 250 bands plus film, comedy and art across 30+ venues in Calgary!
June 21 – 25, 2017 @ Various Venues, Calgary
- Ye Men of Calgary!
Hit ’em again, ye men of Calgary
Get on the ball and let’s go marching down the field
While there’s a goal in sight, play on with all your might
‘Til the victory’s won, get in and fight, fight, fight!Show them you are behind them and cheer the loudest when Red and White win the day! Calgary Stampeders Home Games!
- Enjoy the delicious cuisine offered by YYC Trucks at many locations around the city. For that extra special weekend, attend Summer Frenzy, where there will be 15+ food trucks, live music, a plethora of things to see and do including a marketplace.
Summer Frenzy on June 24 to 25, 2017 | 11:00 PM to 07:00 PM @ Max Bell Centre (in the parking lot, just off the c-train line).
- Discover Contemporary art @ Contemporary Calgary and learn more about current exhibitions during Art of Our Times / Lunch Tour.
- Celebrate Canada 150!
- Explore the maze of stalls featuring local artisans and food vendors, some of Calgary’s best food trucks, the entertainment of buskers and spirited live music at Calgary Night Market.
Friday and Saturday, July 7 – 8, July 28-29, August 25,-26, 2017 | 5 – 11 p.m. @ Southcentre Mall, 100 Anderson Rd SE, Calgary
- Attend a concert – from Bob Dylan on Sunday, July 16, 2017 @ Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium to OneRepublic on Saturday, August 19, 2017 @ Scotiabank Saddledome, there are plenty of world famous artists visiting Calgary, this summer.
- Give fishing a try on Alberta’s water bodies with open fishing seasons (not in national parks) on July 8 and 9, 2017, when fishing license is not required.
- Find out who will scream the loudest as you journey through the Timber Falls at western Canada’s Largest Outdoor Family Amusement Park.
Open Victoria Day Weekend (May) to Thanksgiving Weekend October;
Daily in Summer (10:00 AM to 07:00 PM)
Admission: $31.00 to $40.00
Special Weekends:June 24th & 25th – GrandParents Weekend
July 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th – Family Fun Friday Nights
July 14th to 16th – Calaway Comic Fest for Kids
July 29th to 31st – Canadian Heroes Weekend
August 4th to 13th – Calaway Goes Country
You may like: Amusement Parks in Alberta
- Get lost in the maze that is 10+ acres in size with the corn reaching a peak height of 10 feet.
June 3 to July 25 : Friday through Sunday 10 AM to 4 PM
July 25 to August 31 : Wednesday through Sunday 10 AM to 4 PM
September 1 to October 29: Friday through Sunday 10 AM to 5 PM
Cost: $12.50 to $13.50
- Discover Anime at Ota Fest.
June 30 – July 2, 2017 @ Telus Convention Centre, Calgary | $10 – $12
- Enjoy a free concert at Heritage Town Square (front of Heritage Park before the gates in the Engineered Air Bandstand.)
Wednesday evenings, July 5 – August 30, 2017 | 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Explore Calgary’s communities through Stampede Breakfasts!
- Stroll through the splendid Beaulieu Gardens, situated on the 2.8 acre Lougheed estate.
- Celebrate Alberta’s Natural Provincial Parks and Learn about Protecting our Watersheds during Parks Day & Creekfest!
Saturday, July 15, 2017 | 11:00 AM – 04:00 PM @ The Glennfied area, Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Take a stroll along the RiverWalk to the confluence of the Bow and Elbow Rivers.
- Discover the lure of fishing together as a family at Bow Habitat Station.
Sundays in July, August; Wednesday, July 19; Wednesday August 16. | 10:00 am – 11:00 am @ Bow Habitat Station
- Spend a summer afternoon on the beautiful urban island oasis, that is St Patrick’s Island. On Saturday afternoons (2:00pm to 4:00pm) in summer, enjoy live music by local musicians!
- Rise with the sun to flag off the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth – line up the streets to watch two hours of entertainment consisting of intricate floats, marching bands, western riders and much more, and is of universal appeal.
Friday, July 7, 2017 | 08:55 AM
- Pet Bennett’s wallabies!
Open from June. Summer Hours: July 5 through September 4
Wednesday to Sunday and Holiday Mondays | 11am to 5pm @ Cobb’s Adventure Park and Corn Maze. – $12.50 to $13.50
[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BUDgZe8BXIC/ hidecaption=true width=800]
You may like: Corn Mazes in Alberta
- Wrangle up your posse for the inaugural Bell Live at the King Eddy, featuring 10 days of foot-stompin’ roots and country tunes from a roster of all-Canadian talent. The King Eddy will be transformed into a pop-up country saloon with a revolving roster of western-style acts to provide daytime and evening shows.
July 7 to 16 @ 12:00 PM to Late @ King Eddy, 438 9 Avenue SE Calgary
- Best way to welcome Barbeque season – treat your tummy at BBQ on the Elbow – Teams from all over North America will present chicken, pork ribs, pork shoulder and brisket to certified judges for $10,000 in prize money and bragging rights.
July 7-9, 2017 @ Community Park South
- See how far you can see from top of the Calgary Tower?
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m, daily in summer. Cost: Adults (13-64) $9.00 to $18.00
- Volunteer to help monitor amphibian species in Calgary storm water ponds and wetlands.
- Taste the most extravagant foods at the Calgary Stampede and dance the night away with iconic chart-toppers during Virgin Mobile Stampede Concert Series. Virgin Mobile Stampede Concert Series: Johnny Reid, Alabama, Usher & The Roots
Calgary Stampede: July 7 – 16, 2017
- Re-discover Calgary on bike during Cyclepalooza – a community-driven, do-it-yourself bicycle festival.
July 14 – July 23, 2017
- Beat the heat and enjoy the summer weather in Calgary by visiting one of Calgary’s many wading pools, and spray parks.
- Celebrate, learn, and savour Turkish hospitality, culture, heritage and cuisine at Calgary Turkish Festival.
July 13 to 16, 2017 @ Eau Claire festival Plaza
- Set sail for a scenic summer cruise on Calgary’s only paddlewheel boat and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Glenmore Reservoir & the majestic Rocky Mountains, while enjoying gourmet hors d’oeuvres with a selection of beer & wines and live jazz band.
Thursdays, July 20 – August 31, 2017 | 6:15pm – 8:15pm – $74.95 +GST
- Celebrate diverse traditions, deep roots and cool grooves and hear fiercely independent, creative troubadours and master instrumentalists at Calgary Folk Festival.
July 27 – 30, 2017 @ Prince’s Island Park, Calgary | $25 & up.
- Tee off at Calgary’s golf courses. The city holds Beginner Nights on select courses on various Monday nights where you will play on a beginner friendly nine hole course and golf in a fun, relaxed atmosphere with others of the same ability!
- Show off your skating stills at Shaw Millennium Park.
- Eat Latin food and show of your Salsa skills at Fiestaval – a free and family-oriented, multicultural arts and entertainment festival highlighting the Latin American Culture.
July 21 – 23, 2017 | 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM @ Calgary Olympic Plaza
- Head to Chestermere for the brand new music fest! Headliner, and Canadian Country Music Artist of the Year Nominee Tim Hicks will bring his high energy performance to the stage.
Friday, July 21, 2017 | 4:00 pm @ Chestermere Rec. Center
- Look up to see and hear the thunderous roar of formation-flying jets , including The Canadian Forces’ Snowbirds, a nine-plane demonstration team, screaming across the Springbank sky. Wings Over Springbank Airshow .
July 29 and 30, 2017 @ Springbank Airport, Rocky View No. 44
[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/5ntmtkSG3-/ hidecaption=true width=800]
- Celebrate the first week of August and enjoy Western Canada’s largest outdoor dance music event – Chasing Summer Festival. Line up includes -Tiësto, Infected Mushroom and more!
Saturday August 5 – Sunday, August 6, 2017 | 01:00 PM – 11:00 PM @ Max Bell Centre Festival Grounds | $129.95 & up
- Enjoy the thrills of going downhill on a 1.8 km long track on a wheeled ride at Skyline luge.
Open 7 days in Summer (July, August): 10:00 AM – 09:00 PM
One Luge ride $15.50
- Have a late night at Terminus Festival – Western Canada’s only multi-day industrial/ebm/dark electro festival.
July 27 – 30, 2017 @ Dickens, 1000 9th Ave. SW, Calgary | $70
- Check out the new CANADA 150 sign at Prince’s Island Park!
- Bird watch at Inglewood Bird Sanctuary.
- Head to Canmore to enjoy the longest running folk music festival in Alberta – The Canmore Folk Music Festival.
August 5 – 7, 2017 @ Centennial Park, Canmore | $10 & up
- Be treated to authentic Japanese customs, presentations of traditional music, dance & song, martial arts demonstrations, and more at Calgary Japanese “Omatsuri” Festival.
Saturday August 12th 2017 | 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM @ Max Bell Centre, 1001 Barlow Trail SE., Calgary | $2 – $5
- Be active at Canada Olympic Park. From Mountain Biking, Zipline, Summer Bobsleigh Rides, Mini Golf, Mountain biking, Climbing Wall, Spiderweb, Eurobungy, there is plenty for all ages/ability levels. Open Daily/Hours Vary depending on activity.
- Learn how to Fly Trapeze at Flying Trapeze. Get a taste of Trapeze during open Fly.
Every Saturday & Sunday | 01:00 PM to 05:00 PM @Rocky Mountain Flying Trapeze, Wild Wild West Event Centre
[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BU4jKd6B3-h/ hidecaption=true width=800]
- Discover Calgary’s heritage through neighbourhood concerts, walks, talks at museums, heritage buildings, cemeteries, parks, libraries and archives during Historic Calgary Week.
- Go paddling at Bowness Park!
- Learn more about Alberta’s history at Canada’s largest living history museum by number of exhibits and savour a taste of the golden age of luxury rail travel with an exceptional dining experience aboard the River Forth.
Heritage Village: May 20 – October 9, 2017. 10:00am – 5:00pm. Cost:$13.50 to$26.25.
Lunch: Tuesdays, May 30 – August 29 | 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Have an epic weekend of country music during Country Thunder Music Festival.
August 18 – 20, 2017 @ Prarie Winds Park, 223 Castleridge Blvd NE, Calgary
$99, Pass: $179 – $600
- Enjoy beach time at Calgary’s one and only public beach – Sikome Lake.
June 24 – September 4, 2017 | 10:00 AM – 07:30 PM, Daily. Cost: $3 to $5
- Have you explored Fish Creek Provincial Park? The park has more than 80 kilometres of pathways – 30 km paved & 50 km of shale.
- Enjoy a day at Spruce Meadows, world’s premier show jumping and equestrian facility. There are several tournament over the course of summer, finishing up with miss Masters – worlds richest show jumping tournament. [instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BSdnnX0DLh-/ hidecaption=true width=800]
- 25 EPIC obstacles, 5 rugged kilometers, and 1 rockin’ party! Test your mettle at Rugged Maniac 5k Obstacle Race.
July 29, 2017 @ Spruce Meadows
- Try on an authentic RCMP uniform at Fort Calgary National Historic Site.
- Step into a wizarding world full of brilliant oddities at Kensington’s Diagon Alley.
Sunday, July 30, 2017 | 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM @ Kensington Calgary
- Head down to the Shaw Millenium Park for some of the finest music to be had on the planet during Calgary International Blues Festival.
July 31 – August 6, 2017 | Shaw Millenium Park, Calgary | $50 & up
- Discover Canada’s Military History at The Military Museums.
Monday – Sunday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM | $5 to $15.
- Join for the biggest pet party in the city and see Running Of The Bulls, Wiener dog races, a puppy stampede and dock diving.
July 29 & 30, 2017 | 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM @ Eau Claire, 200 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary
- Check out Calgary’s Skyline from Nose Hill Park!
- Experience uncensored, unforgettable, unexpected theatre during Calgary Fringe Festival.
August 4 to 12, 2017 @ Multiple venues in Inglewood, Calgary
- Let kids learn science through play at Brainasium of Telus Spark!
10:00 AM. – 5:00 PM, daily in Summer. Cost: $12.95 to $19.95.
- Learn more about aviation history and evolution of flight and climb aboard historic aircrafts during open Aircraft Days at The Hangar Flight Museum.
Open Aircraft Days: June 24-September 24 | Saturdays and Sundays | 11AM, 1 PM, 2 PM and 3 PM @ Hangar Flight Museum.
- See all breed dog shows, agility, obedience, rally-o, scent hurdling, junior handling events during Alberta Kennel Club Summer Classic Show.
August 4 to 7, 2017 | 0800-1600 @ Spruce Meadows
- Inglewood Sunfest is the place to be to discover a great new band, to be amazed by street performers, and to shop at over 200 vendors.
Saturday, August 5th 2017 @ Mainstreet Inglewood, Calgary
- Rediscover the night skies during Milky way days at Rothney Astrophysical Observatory.
- Visit Max Bell Centre Festival Grounds and enjoy Alberta’s biggest day hip hop festival! One Love Music Festival is the place to be for Hip Hop fans. Performances include Ms. Lauryn Hill, Migos, Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals and more!
August 4, 2017 @ Max Bell Centre Festival Grounds, $79.95 & up
- Take a trip down the Bow River or Elbow River. You can rent kayak/rafts from Paddle Station and make your way down the river and finish their journey at St. Patricks Island or Princes Island Park. Water Safety Advisory/Bow River Advisory
- Experience Francophone culture from Africa, Europe, Asia, South America and North America is presented through music, dance, food, crafts and many other exhibitions at Franco Festival.
August 5, 2017 | 11:00 PM to 09:00 PM @ Murdock Park, Calgary
- Visit the lemurs this summer at the Calgary Zoo and see what lemurs do best: play, groom, leap between trees, search for leaves and shoots to eat and soak up the sun!
9 a.m. – 5 p.m, Daily in Summer, Cost: $16.95 to $24.95
- Go for 6 hours of multicultural performances, ethnic foods, and unique handicrafts and celebrate Heritage Day in Calgary.
Monday, August 7th 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm @ Olympic Plaza
- Revel in the Cameron Mackintosh’s spectacular new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s phenomenal musical success, The Phantom of the Opera.
August 09 to August 20, 2017 @ Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
- Discover Calgary’s global cuisines from a mix of unique restaurants and beverage companies during Taste of Calgary.
August 10 – 13, 2017 @ Eau Claire, 200 Barkley Parade S.W. Calgary
- Join Calgary Opera for Canada’s only outdoor summer opera festival – Opera in the Village presented by Imperial, featuring South Pacific, Cinderella, and the musical review, And So It Goes featuring Brett Polegato!
August 10 to 20, 2017 @ ENMAX Park , Calgary
- Plan a date at Reader Rock Garden, enjoy a stroll amongst the designated provincial historic site and historic garden – one of the city’s most unique cultural landscapes (open dawn to dusk). Have lunch at Reader Rock Cafe ( Wednesday to Sunday, April 26 to Sunday, October 15 2017 | 9:30 am to 3:00 pm)
- Experience the festival that stemmed from the 2000-year-old Chinese legend and cheer the paddlers as they stir up the calm reservoir during Calgary Dragon Boat Race & Festival.
Saturday & Sunday August 12 – 13 2017 @ North Glenmore Park, Calgary.
- Chill out with a brew in the Village, savor the flavours of island spices and see what souvenir you’d like to take home and have a great weekend at Calgary ReggaeFest.
August 17 – 19, 2017 @ Shaw Millennium Park, Calgary | $25 & up.
- Circle in August 18, 19, & 20 in your calendar and take part in Western Canada’s biggest Latin Festival, Expo Latino featuring World Class performances, sizzling dancing, exotic food, and an art market.
August 18-20, 2017 @ Prince’s Island Park, Calgary | $10.00 – $35.00
- Celebration of the music, food, dance and visual arts of Africa and her descendant cultures during Afrikadey! Festival.
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of New Orleans; purple, green and gold pageantry; a variety of high quality cultural performers, dance groups and musicians; outdoor activities; and a wide variety of delicious cuisine at Marda Gras Street Festival.
Sunday, August 13, 2017 | 10:00 AM – 05:00 PM @ Marda Loop – 33rd and 34th Avenues SW, Calgary
- Enjoy a walk along the spectacular 1300 feet Wall Garden of The Botanical Gardens of Silver Springs.
- Take in free summer concerts at Stephen Avenue Walk on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and some Saturdays from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm. An do not miss the summer market held on select Tuesdays.
Farmer’s Markets in Calgary
- Stop in at Alberta’s farms and ranches for a visit and see demonstrations, and learn more about the farmers who grow their food.
August 19 & 20, 2017 @ Participating Farms, Alberta
- Delight in the fireworks that light-up the skies during Calgary’s very own international fireworks festival.
August 15 – 26, 2017 | 06:00 PM – 11:30 PM @ Elliston Park, Calgary
[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BNfBTiQgCbg/ hidecaption=true width=800]
- Delight in StoryBook Theatre’s presentation of West Side Story.
August 19 to September 9, 2017 @ StoryBook Theatre
- Get to Millarville for Southern Alberta’s oldest and largest country fairs – 110th Priddis & Millarville Fair.
August 19 to 20, 2017 @ Millarville Racetrack
- Taste the best meat from farms of BC and Alberta, prepared by an extraordinary line-up of chefs – Brewery and The Beast.
August 20, 2017 | 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM @ Pumphouse Park, Calgary
- Dancing your way down Stephen avenue to Shaw Millennium park at Carifest Multi-Cultural parade and festival.
August 26, 2017 @ Shaw Millenium Park, Calgary
- Watch the biggest names in Proffessional Golf tee off at Shaw Charity Classic – one of the two Canadian stops of PGA Champions Tour.
August 30 – September 3, 2017 | Canyon Meadows Golf and Country Club, Calgary
- Set sail at Glenbow Reservoir.
- Wave your Rainbow Flag at Calgary Pride – Enjoy live music on the main stage, activities for youth and children in the family zone, and acquainted with the local community!
August 25 – September 4, 2017, Pride Parade and Festival – Princes Island Park
- Get to know Filipino arts, culture and traditions at Fiesta Filipino YYC.
September 1, 2017
@ Olympic Plaza, Calgary
- Taste finger licking foods at Canada’s Oldest BBQ Festival – BBQ on the Bow!
Saturday, September 2 – Sunday, September 3, 2017 @ Montgomery Community Centre, 5003 16th Avenue NW, Calgary
- Whether you are a Scot or not – attend Calgary Highland Games, one of the oldest gatherings in North America.
- Discover the world’s most promising pianists at Honens Festival & Piano Competition.
September 7 – 10 2017 @ Jack Singer Concert Hall at Arts Commons | Free and ticketed events.
- Have a day at Circle the Wagons, a travelling carnival of local food, beer and music unlike any other.Saturday September 9, 2017 | 11:00AM – 11:00PM @ University District Park South | $35.00
- Find yourself immersed in engineered art, international ingenuity competitions, public performances, community challenges, backyard-built contraptions, and creations of your own making during Beakerhead!
September 13 – 17, 2017 @ Various Venues, Calgary
- Go on a DIY tour of downtown Calgary.
- Get ready for Halloween by joining Calgary Ghost Tours for an evening of ghostly entertainment. Be fascinated by insightful glimpses into the mischief, mayhem and murders of Calgary.
You may also like: FREE Family Activities for Every Day This Summer in Calgary